Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Ricci Wright and I sell a few guns on Gunbroker. It came to my attention last night that some low life had stollen one of my auctions and had listed it on Gun Auction. My auction on GB is # 842572665 and is for a Colt SSA in .45 Colt. The low life auction on GA is # 16855660 and is listed under the name JordSpir1 . I will contact GA on Monday morning and alert them to stop this guy but I didn't want any of you guys to get hurt here. Thank you and Good luck, Ricci.

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Oh, wow. I was looking at both those Gun Auction listings last night and this morning. What a low life!

It looks like you can click on the usernames of the high bidders on the fake auctions and let them know, too. Correction: I tried to contact the high bidder on the BAR. Gun Auction wouldn't let me.

·
Registered
125 Posts
This same subject came up within the past couple of days, on the W.A.C.A. web site. Conceses is, a water mark is the ONLY way to prevent this from happening. Try as you might, everything else fails.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Thank you for the heads up.
This is why I always speak to the seller first and ask specific questions. I recently purchased 2 Ruger 10/22s from a seller on GA and we spoke for 30 minutes. Great guy who is a gun smith from Kansas. Because of our great conversation he knows to notify me if he received certain firearms. He has done twice and I am purchasing one of them.
Anyhow, please speak with the sellers before sending money. It lessens your chances of getting ripped off and you make new friends and great conversations.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Regrettably, watermarks can be cropped out or remove with Photoshop. As Biff said there's no substitute for talking on the phone. We all like to talk guns and it only takes a moment to tell if the seller is legitimate. This can and should be done without being accusatory or insulting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts