Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Registered
I have some photos somewhere in my compuker of Plains Indians in photo studios with sabres- no way of telling if they were photo props- or owned by the subjects of the photos if I can find them will post them up. They don't look like U.S. Cavalry swords to me- but blades from Europe.
Art Vintage clothing Sleeve String instrument Sitting

脡p茅e Sword Dagger Blade Pattern

I don't doubt that some Indians had them and used them in battle and probley had them cut down or some that were sold to them cut down as knives. Even a few Katanas were floating around in the old west.
Temple Wood Style Tints and shades Art

I doubt the ebay saber story, and even if I had that kind of silver- would not jump.

Premium Member
I'm not going to waste my time debating the authenticity or the provenance of this, and I wouldn't even think of trying to assign a realistic value to it.

I have only one question.

If you had something like this, and it was authentic with a verifiable history, would you really put it up for sale on f-wording eBay? And for $133K at that?

Registered
Jimmy, is your intention to post Gimphys whole page or just one .gif from that page?

Flash photography Coat Gesture Hat Collar

Reactions: WVCOLT

Premium Member
I鈥檝e seen that particular sword listed on EBay, I鈥檓 guessing for over a year now, as I check now and then on EBay for Custer era items that are on auction. I believe he鈥檚 just waiting for the right catch to bite. My humble opinion only as I am by no means an expert. 馃憤馃憤

Reactions: hogleg

Premium Member
Jimmy, is your intention to post Gimphys whole page or just one .gif from that page?

View attachment 799236
If you let your mouse or whatever selection/tracking device you're using just hover or sit on the gif, it will show multiple gifs. If you just look at it without touching it, you'll see only one, which in this case is the wounded soldier with his arm in a sling laughing. I have no control over how the gifs are displayed. I don't believe I've ever posted multiple gifs in one post. If it irritates you, well, I'm sorry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts