Colt Forum banner

Strange Python

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  TFlyboy 
#1 ·
Hi,
I'm new to the forum. I just got a 1976 Royal Blue Python... long time i was thinking about adding a Python to my little collection!

I found this strange Python, I'm not an expert, but i never saw a non ventilated barrel.

Anyone has more infos or ideas?

Seller claims it is a 1967 model.

See less See more
#11 ·
The seller can claim anything he wants...he's blowing smoke...either intentionally or simply doesn't know he has crap. That reminds of the non-guns sold years ago that were made of pot metal and were replicas of real guns...the Python was among them.

The barrel is not genuine...the hammer is wrong...the stocks look like replicas...the frame looks like a Trooper or Three-Fifty-Seven frame. Calling this a "Frankengun" is an insult to other Frankenguns.

Run Forrest...run...run fast and run far.

#12 ·
The seller can claim anything he wants...he's blowing smoke...either intentionally or simply doesn't know he has crap. That reminds of the non-guns sold years ago that were made of pot metal and were replicas of real guns...the Python was among them.

The barrel is not genuine...the hammer is wrong...the stocks look like replicas...the frame looks like a Trooper or Three-Fifty-Seven frame. Calling this a "Frankengun" is an insult to other Frankenguns.

Run Forrest...run...run fast and run far.
Now that was darn funny! 😂

#14 ·
Definitely a Frankengun built off the Trooper/Colt 357 I frame. And the solid rib was added after the unmarked barrel screwed on (note the angular cut on the rib where it protrudes over the frame - you could not screw that barrel into the frame with the rib on it. And the Python rib is a vertical cut)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.