Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I enjoyed the post about the strange and unusual packaging so I thought I would change the story slightly. I paid for a Beretta 92 .22 caliber practice kit and I was looking forward to receiving it. The price was right, great communications, excellent packing job and quick shipping. I opened the blue box and there was my practice kit mounted on a complete lower 90-two!?! This was sent to my house via USPS and I am not an ffl holder.I emailed the gentleman and thanked him for the "gift". He was horrified that he made such a mistake. I offered to keep it for a fair price or I could ship it back to his ffl from my ffl at his cost. We agreed on a price and I kept it. Have any of you received more than you bargained for?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I wonder how long it would have took Mr Magoo to wonder where his pistol went. Got some newspapers from the fourty,s one time made some interesting reading

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
I cant recall getting anything extra, not in the mail anyway, I have from my "tradin buddies" as I have them.
I have sent out several "bonus items" when someone was just over the top nice that had bought something from me. Most of the time it was when someone was like a kid in a candy store as soon as they bought the item (been looking for it a long time). I remember I have sent a Autographed picture of Roy Jinks to this one guy whom bought a scarce NIB S&W. I have sent out quite a few Colt and Smith Memorabilia items as bonuses. I have even sent a little extra cash when I was really pleased with an item, but that was when I was buying something.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I just recently sold a Baby Dragoon that I got in a box with a bunch of boxes I purchased. I consulted with Judge Colt thoroughly prior to purchasing the lot of boxes for $1000. He thought there was a possibility that one or two of them may be worth up to $500 so I thought it was a no brainer and made the deal. When the box came there was the baby dragoon in the bottom of the box. I contacted the seller and he said "Aw just keep it as a bonus. Numbers don't match and it ain't worth much". I listed it on Gunbroker for $.01 with no reserve and it went for $489!!!!! Wow was I shocked. It went to a very good home with one of our outstanding forum members.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I sent my SAA out to Nutmeg Sports for a set of ivories and it came back with a bonus U.S. Marshal's badge! Very cool of them, I thought.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Years ago I bought one of the large black action packer storage bins for camping. When I got it home and opened it, it had about 50 leather rifle slings in it. Of course I returned the slings the next day.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I was at a gun show about ten years ago and saw an exceptional condition savage model 6 .22 that was made in the 30's. A real cream puff and the walnut stock was beautiful. We negotiated a price and I bought it. As I prepared to walk away, he said don't you want the box? I said sure, thinking it was just a regular old box he used to bring it into the show. He hands me the original 1930's packing box with model and company stickers on the end and original brown paper packing material and one piece cleaning rod!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I always thought the little sight pusher tool that Apex Tactical put in with the sear was strange and turned out to be fairly useless.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts