Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had been stalking this pre Model 10 snubby and won it today. By serial number (C-126xxx), it is probably from circa 1949. I have set of the correct stocks for it. Although, those Catalin(sp.?) have a certain "look" about them. :) I have its' twin in blue from '48.

Shortly thereafter, I managed to trade into this pre war Target .44 Special circa 1930. This one is getting a letter for sure!!!

Even a blind pig....... ;)

It was a VERY happy new year!!!!!

Best,
Charles

Attachments

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I have never seen grips for K-Frame S&W's with that upper screw hole on the right grip.
Agreed. In fact I have a set of those "left-side finger groove" Catalin or Bakelite grip panels for a K frame and no side plate screw hole.

That is a good looking Smith .38 spec. Those C prefix S&W pre 10 revolvers can be difficult to peg a date on sometimes.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Agreed. In fact I have a set of those "left-side finger groove" Catalin or Bakelite grip panels for a K frame and no side plate screw hole.

That is a good looking Smith .38 spec. Those C prefix S&W pre 10 revolvers can be difficult to peg a date on sometimes.
Yes sir they can. I have another 2" K frame ( C32xxx) that letters to 1948 & a 4" (C 177xxx) that shipped in '51.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts