Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tonight I am looking around the site wanting to become a Supporting Member, I don't mind paying a few bucks to support something I love. As a matter of fact, I thought there should be more than one option when it comes to selecting the amount of $$$ you would like to contribute...Anyway...I click on the link, select 1 year for $15 bucks, click "Order" and the only option to pay is Paypal? I am very Anti Paypal and do not wish to give them any of my blood money I earned selling firearms. If they knew I earned the money they made from me selling guns, they would probably douse themselves in some type of cleansing fluid and banish me for life. Can another form of payment be added or an address to mail payment? I know there is money involved in accepting credit cards and someone would have to process paper payments but I sure hate PayPal.

Just a Thought.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
good suggestion, i don't do paypal either and have zero desire in ever using them.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I also will not use paypal. I was able to send a check in for my payment. Unfortunately I do not have the address anymore. Perhaps the mods here can post that address again. Peace.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Guys, there is no need to give Paypal any of your money. There is an option when sending money to send it as a personal gift whereby no fees are paid.

Rio

·
Registered
278 Posts
I also do not use paypal, and would not mind another way to send some bucks into the forum. But I also see the problems if the forum admins need to accept credit cards...

MtnSpur's suggestion may be the best. Not everything needs to be automated.

·
Premium Member
4,666 Posts
I too, refuse to use paypal, but would gladly do it another way.

·
Registered
7,260 Posts
Guys, there is no need to give Paypal any of your money. There is an option when sending money to send it as a personal gift whereby no fees are paid.

Rio
I think you are missing Marc's point, as well as that of the other members. We are not looking to avoid any fees involved in using Paypal, (which are only incurred when you receive money, not send money anyway). We don't want to use Paypal because Paypal is an anti firearms business. If they find you have sent or received money to pay for a firearm or firearm related deal, they will suspend your account, and freeze any money you have kept in a Paypal account. They are owned by Ebay, who is very anti gun.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Jeff that is exactly what I did, I PMed admin and explained I did not like paypal but wanted to be a supporting member. In no time at all I was provided with a mailing address to send my check to. It was very easy.

·
Registered
7,260 Posts
Lou and Jeff, thanks for mentioning we can pay for sponsorship of the Colt Forum by check. I wanted to contribute, but I also don't want to deal with those bums at Paypal. I only use them to pay people if there are no other options available.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Mike I wish I could find the mailing address that I was provided with I would post it here for the members. My desk is a mess and I can't seem to find anything anymore. Yeah I am blaming the desk not my memory. That is my story and i am sticking to it. Peace.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I was going to contribute a month or so ago, but when I saw that it would automatically bill my cc again at the end of a year I stopped. I don't like when something is setup like that. If I can mail a check once a year (or use my cc once a year and not have the automatic billing), count me in!!

John Gross

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
I think you are missing Marc's point, as well as that of the other members. We are not looking to avoid any fees involved in using Paypal, (which are only incurred when you receive money, not send money anyway). We don't want to use Paypal because Paypal is an anti firearms business. If they find you have sent or received money to pay for a firearm or firearm related deal, they will suspend your account, and freeze any money you have kept in a Paypal account. They are owned by Ebay, who is very anti gun.
Mike, I'm with you on this and Marc's point is a valid one. We, as gun guys need to boycott PayPal as much as possible. They were a fine organization when they first made it easy and safe for buyers to pay hard-earned money for goods. When they were purchased by eBay they took on a whole other dimension, to the detriment of us gun buyers/sellers. Their latest afront is holding a sellers money (earning interest on it and the thousands of other sellers) until the buyer decides to fill out the online form saying that they received the goods. The seller has to go through added gyrations to add tracking numbers and statuses, at each point, of the shipping process. This and their anti-gun posture have made me an anti-PayPal advocate.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You could have sent a short note ro admin and would have been provided an address to send your Supporting Member payment to.
This is my short note! Lol

·
Premium Member
9,519 Posts
There are many firms that are anti-gun that we are forced to use if we want their product. eBay has softened it anti-gun stance of late in that functional gun parts, such as magazines and barrels are no longer banned. Since eBay allows such gun parts and requires payment with PayPal, that means that PayPal cannot mess with you for using PayPal to pay for such gun-related items. All of you who will not use PayPal are presumably passing up all of the great gun-related items on eBay. (Yes, I know there are ways around using PayPal on eBay, but buyer protection and the like are lost, etc..)

The iPhone and iPad are at the top of their respective categories, and Apple and its corporate officers are anti-gun, but the products are so superior that most overlook that issue. UPS and FedEx are anti-gun, but we are forced to use them if we are not licensed and wish to ship a firearm.

I prefer not to do business with anti-gun firms, but sometimes it is necessary. I won't cut off my nose to spite my face. Using PayPal is one of those situations.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I unfortunately do contribute to anti-gun organizations when I am forced to. I do buy hard to find products on ebay and use their account so they can collect their 11% off of their victims but I avoid it when I can.

I agree with everyone who says "Oh, just send a check" but the purpose of this thread is to get other payment options right here posted on the site. The ONLY form currently available is Paypal. If the address was posted next to it, I would've sent a check already.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I also will not use paypal but would be happy to contribute if I had an address or there was another option to pay by.

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
what could possibly be a problem with sending a check. Nothing is being shipped/mailed out to the person sending the check. No material item is being purchased. So whats the problem. If someone wants to send a check to support the forum it would be assinine for someone to say oh we cant accept checks unless they just dont want the money. Also I suppose you could put cash(paper money) in the envelope also if you wanted to take a chance that it doesnt get stolen- chances are it wouldnt -but most dont like sending cash in the mail.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts