Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm tweaking the colors and features of the board. if you have problems viewing or just want to give your 2 cents...do it here.

thanks.

-cfadmin

re: colors, you can click on the "My Home" link, then to the "Display preferences...." link to choose the skin(color template) that best suits you.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Sirs, Is there any difference or preferance to using the "quick reply" or the regular one above? Seems redundant. (there, I used that word in a sentence!):D

I had to ask, as I am still learning these things and got to figure out out to "manuever"......
so thanks and I like the 'new look'

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the regular reply option gives you some fun options to use in your reply such as smiley's, color, UBB code help...

-cfadmin

·
Registered
265 Posts
This style of color/font combination is a lot easier on my old eys than the one that was first used on the new forum.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[ QUOTE ]
This style of color/font combination is a lot easier on my old eys than the one that was first used on the new forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

as long as you can see the front sight....your eyes are good...

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
991 Posts
Wondering why a post still shows up as "Deleted" after I delete it. It's really not gone. Is it appropriate to delete a post when it is no longer necessary in order to keep the board clean?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think that happens when someone else replies to a message that you try and delete. i think if you delete a post that has no replies it will delete clean.

no need to delete stuff to keep the board clean...thanks for the concern, tho.

the only time i would think it's useful to delete a post is if something is blatantly offensive.

but of course people have a right to delete their own posts for their own reasons.

-cfadmin

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have tested the "delete" function. The way it works is as follows:

1) If you post a thread and no one replies, and you "delete" the post, it will disappear leaving no trace. If you have any replies on your post and perform a "delete", it will only remove your verbiage, but the rest of the replies will remain.

2) Now if you "reply" to someone else's post and no one has replied to your "reply", if you "delete" your "reply" it will disappear leaving no trace. However, if there is a "reply" to your "reply", and perform a "delete" it will remove your verbiage but the shell of your reply will remain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts