Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to figure out how places like Midway, Ableammo, Natchez etc, are staying in business, you look at their websites and Id say they only have 10% of anything they have listed in stock. Places like Cabelas and Gander Mountain sell everything but the kitchen sink so I understand them not going under, but these other places are firearm driven. Would love to hear other forum members thoughts on this

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
So far I have found everything I needed from Brownells, Midway and Graf. Just waited and watched and acted quickly when it was stocked.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Looking at a website, and making a call are two different things.

Oftentimes, a phonecall will give you what you're looking for, because it's 'immediate'.

Not all websites are updated daily or hourly - but stock is, and the customer service folks can see that on their screens.

Unless it's a conspiracy...

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I've narrowed down my searches to Target Sports Ammo and Cabela's lately. Target has competitive pricing & free shipping for bulk purchases. But........ availability is another matter. Cabela's I find a bit better, and they let me create a Wish List which I check several times daily. When I see a deal, I jump right at that moment because it can and literally does disappear in minutes when guys like me are watching constantly. I have a Cabela's Visa which accumulates points to further reduce the price. If there's no Cabela's in your state you may even escape state sales tax when ordering on-line. If you have a Cabela's near you, there's free shipping for in-store-pickup. Lately I've noticed when I go in the store, the ammo selection is often greater than what I see on-line. JMHO.

·
Registered
235 Posts
In the middle of this ammo shortage I have spent far more at Midway getting stuff I can't find locally than I ever spent with them before.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I finally found a place yesterday that had Winchester .45 Colt brass, They had it online for 48.00 per 100, ( That's after searching 37 sites), I called to verify they had it in stock, the guy says yes we have 30,000 rounds but we have a minimum order of 5000 rounds. What a crock of BS. Cabelas finally posted they have Starline now for sale so I ordered from them. And good luck if you can find primers Anywhere

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Cabelas finally posted they have Starline now for sale so I ordered from them.
In the middle of this ammo shortage I have spent far more at Midway getting stuff I can't find locally than I ever spent with them before.
Smoke, this is just what I mean. Hope you jumped on that before you got up from the 'puter. It may be gone long before you even read this post.

Reb, I just looked at Midway again today for .38 Spec & .45 ACP. They DO have a huge selection, but so many "Out of Stock, No Backorder" notations. I do like & have used their "Notify Me" option for when items do become available. To me, their prices are a bit above what I've been paying and their freight charges are a bit steep.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Majdad, yes I jumped on the brass, I looked again this morning and it was still listed as in stock, so at least they didn't sell out in one day. Ive never used Starline so I hope the quality is decent

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Starline is probably the best quality cases made today. At the very least it is the equal of any other "best" brand.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After searching for a week, I found a supplier with the bullets I wanted, its about the only thing they had in stock, I called to verify they had them which to my surprise they did. Now Im wondering , why if suppliers don't have hardly anything in stock does it take them a week longer than normal to ship something.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I finally found a place yesterday that had Winchester .45 Colt brass, They had it online for 48.00 per 100, ( That's after searching 37 sites), I called to verify they had it in stock, the guy says yes we have 30,000 rounds but we have a minimum order of 5000 rounds. What a crock of BS. Cabelas finally posted they have Starline now for sale so I ordered from them. And good luck if you can find primers Anywhere
Buy direct from Starline. Price for 500 45Colt $101. Ready to ship.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bart I bought mine from Cabelas , they did have them in stock but 2 days after I ordered mine they were out, so I guess I wasn't the only one putting the Eagle eye on them LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts