Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find it hard to believe that a Colt forum has less than 500 members. I belong to several other forums for other gun makers that have thousands of members. I used to not spend very much time here because of the inactivity but from now on I will be here a lot more. I am also going to tell my gun friends about this forum and try to encourage new people to join. I hope everyone out there reading this will do the same. I know if we do we will get many new members and much more activity....

[This message has been edited by 45automaticman (edited 08-25-2003).]

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I agree with what you said 45automaticman, I just found this forum and I'm going to do everything I can to help it grow.

·
Registered
408 Posts
i only stop here as an afterthought. when i happened onto it a few months ago i was surprised how little it is used. i would guess that colt owners may not be as enthusiastic as ruger and s&w owners probably due to the changes colt has been through over the years and the high price of their best gun, the saa.

imagine if the colt saa were a reasonable $700. it would probably bring a lot more people back into their corner. they should also make a repo of other guns like the flat top target. but not for $1500. puh-lease.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suspect you are right targetshootr, I would really like to see an afforable COLT single action army.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I agree with Targetshootr and 45automaticman
that the posture of the manufacturer may have quite a bit to do with the viability of this forum. I am also a participant on the Smith forum. Many posts there have to do with current models and frequently there is discussion about dealing with the manufacturer for repairs, modifications, parts, etc. Colt appears to depend so heavily on Government contracts for their viability. They do not seem to court the general public as do the other manufacturers. In addition, Colt does not service older models so one is left to own and shoot obsolete models at their own risk. I believe these issues have caused Colt enthusiasts to gravitate to other forums such as collecting, SASS, etc. It is a shame because some of the older Colts are among the finest guns ever made in my opinion. To shoot them is akin to shooting a Luger, one only does it occasionally and with their fingers crossed for if something breaks, like the Luger, one either hangs it on the wall or tries to track down an ever dwindling supply of used parts. Furthermore,
the costs of current Colts have really taken them out of the hands of the average shooter and there is really nothing to recommend them over the competition other than name. Since it is a product, it cannot do like a stock and just split to make it more attractive to greater audience, it has become priced out of the larger market. Given some of these issues, there is not a wide range of topics that can be discussed on this forum and I for one am sorry for that. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those are some very good points ColtCobra. I understand that Colt is making much more effort to please the customers and hopefully this should help a bit with owners who felt underappeciated by Colt in the past. I ordered a new Colt catalog over the phone and was very happy with the service I received and the catalog itself, it only took 3 days to get it. Colt is starting to expand their line as well as making a much bigger commitment to their civilian sales and service....

·
Registered
127 Posts
I spend way too much time on the S&W forum, even though when I first started in gun life I was a "Colt man".

What changed me? Lack of support from the factory for collectors/researchers, the outrageous price and wait for historical letters and the inability to take the worlds premiere firearms company and keep it in that position.

Still, there's something about these Colts that I like.....

RM Vivas www.vivasandson.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts