Colt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well i just met this man and his work is amazing..i bought a 1957 Colt 357 locally that was missing the original grips...i was able to buy a set of well used one's from Nate on here and SwampRat worked his magic...i wish i had those kind of skills and have told all i know..many thanks to both men who helped me give this great present to my father..i figured that all of you should know...we need more great men and women like these two..

Attachments

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
He does exceptional magic and I need to stop referring people to him or else his turn time will start reaching 6 months if we're not careful :p Ya know I'm just pullin yer pistol Hugh :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Lookin good!! He's done several sets for me that turned out great!!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Swamprat does really excellent work on Colt stocks.

Thanks for showing your Colt 357. You are in for a real treat when you shoot it; those are truly fine revolvers.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well he is a life saver...great guy to deal with...real professional ...

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
About how long is his turnaround time?
It's gonna get longer if you guys keep piling it on!:) This is just a hobby with me, so I always quote 4-6 weeks.:p Sometimes I can get them out faster, I log the grips as they come in and work on them as they come up in the que. If I have a big backlog, it takes longer to get to yours, if I don't have any in the que, or just a couple, I usually get them out sooner. It takes a week just to apply the finish, as I put one coat on and let it sit 12-24 hrs before applying another one.

Appreciate the good words:eek: Here's a pic of me and a couple of my helpers;)

Reactions: jringo8769

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Swamprat is an artist...these took 4 weeks and another set is coming back to me this week. He just contacted me to check preferred shade. Class act!

Python Herrett's Grips $7 from LGS

And now after Swamprat Magic

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
class act for sure..would recommend him to anyone in need

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
like the hair and the beard...hey just great to meet great people with passion and who truly give a damn ...

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well he is worth the wait..was quicker than he quoted me ...quality not quanity i always say..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts