Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about these? Ran across one today that appears to have been swedish military, then sold as surplus, imported to us and barrel sleeved to .380. Don't know much about them.

·
Registered
202 Posts
High quality pistol. Originally chambered in 9x20 mm. Many were imported with new barrels chambered for .380 acp. Some barrels were marked with new chambering while some were not. Check your chamber to see (cast, measure the length,....) which chamber you have. You might want to have this posted in the general forum for more views.

·
Premium Member
1,606 Posts
Anyone know anything about these? .... Don't know much about them.
Try this webpage. Pretty comprehensive:

The Swedish pistol m/1907 or Browning M1903 i 9 mm Browning Long

.. Many were imported with new barrels chambered for .380 acp....
I’m not any expert, but this would be news to me. I’m not aware anyone produced new dedicated .380 barrels, anywhere, but then I not aware of a lot of things.

All conversions I’ve seen had the conversion done by insertion of a chamber sleeve, which I think was accompanied by shortening the recoil spring.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Gun Parts once carried new barrels as well as original barrels. Many were also had a chamber sleeve for 380. I was going to order barrels for mine years ago but they were out of stock.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I bought a Swedish 07 a few years ago; the original barrel (serial number matching) had been stamped .380 with a what appears to be a sleeve insert into the chamber. I really wanted to shoot this in the original chambering of 9x20 Browning; so the search for a barrel started.

I found several available in Sweden; but by the time I bought it and imported it - well it was going to be too cost prohibiting.

There are several available on E-Bay right now; that's where I bought mine. I searched far and wide until I found mine - it came in a box with a spare magazine, a slide in the white, and the barrel. What surprised me was how easily the new barrel fit in the gun; no fitting needed.

The 9mm Browning Long is a great shooting round; I was able to acquire almost 500 rounds of it including 250 rounds of original Norma ammo.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it home. 20191204_195828.jpg 20191204_195901.jpg 20191204_195921.jpg

Some interesting things: The frame and slide are numbers matching, yet the frame has the blasted/parkerized finish, but the slide does not.
I can't seem to find mention of the military branch code "F", but the "F4" looks like a different style of stamp than all the other numbers/letters.
The barrel and barrel bushing are both numbered different than the frame/slide, but the barrel sleeve is clearly visible, so I'm quite sure it is indeed .380.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Here's a closeup of the unit designation numbers/letters on my 1907:

And for the money shot, here's the identification of the unit:

IFK in this very meaning, as a stamp on a weapon, stand for ”Intendenturförråden i Karlsborg”
Translated according to a booklet edited by the Swedish Defence Staff (may 1952)
“Kungl. Arméförvaltningens Intendenturavdelning”;
Royal Swedish Army Administration (Br eng.) Supply Division
(Am eng.) Quartermaster Division

The Army Supply Stores in Karlsborg.
Courtesy of the Moderator KSun on Gunboards.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts