Colt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this gun online from reputable dealer around Christmas and was pleased in every way. A bit later I found some original deep dish, fleur de lis grips (to replace the non original grips that came on the gun), fulfilling a years long dream to have a nice 1st gen with those grips. I finally got around to lettering it and Bam! icing.....
IMG_2090.JPG

·
Premium Member
4,431 Posts
Very nice SAA. Thanks for sharing it with us all to enjoy. And for those Texas members to fight over with that shipped to address. 👍👍

Reactions: Maxcustody

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thanks all! I did notice that it was shipped quite late for the serial number. I have 339848 and it was shipped July 1920...
I have one shipped from Colt 1923 to hardware store in Lebanon PA, then returned to Colt and then reshipped 1924 to a hardware store in Spokane WA for a specific person! I am going to do a complete write up after completion of this project!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Where in Lebanon? I live near there.
Shipped June 26,1923 to Kidd-Bossinger Hardware Co. Lebanon PA, no address! Then returned to Colt June 12, 1924, then reshipped June 16, 1924 to Holly Mason Hardware Co. Spokane Wa. for a Harry Reiniger, no addres, but I am researching him!
Interesting Yes?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have one shipped from Colt 1923 to hardware store in Lebanon PA, then returned to Colt and then reshipped 1924 to a hardware store in Spokane WA for a specific person! I am going to do a complete write up after completion of this project!
PS Serial #344981

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
How close we come, your fist post is just 1,033 lower than mine, and your second one is just 387 away from my 1920 SAA, shipped to the Browning Brothers Store in Utah,
That's a nice looking SAA

1 - 19 of 19 Posts