Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the local club yesterday evening in order to try out the two Swiss Lugers I presented and a few other Swiss hardware.

Unfortunately the 25 m lane was blocked for the yearly Swiss military and field shooting competitions, so I went to the 50 meters range, oh well, who doesn’t like a challenge.

I had already completed the military and field shooting at my other club end June. It went ok, I achieved the same score as last year on the military shooting, 20 rds, which gets me a distinction; but quite less on the field shooting, 18 rds, where I achieved 178 last year, still good for a medal, still to come.

I used the Sig P210-6 with adjustable sights this time, in the previous years I used my 1923 Swiss Luger

So off the to 50 meters lane

Five shots with my friend’s black 06/29, it shot high and a little left so I had to aim at the 7 circle underneath

First 5 shots with my new red 06/29

Next five, getting tighter

Next four with three miracle shots (the old Swiss ordnance ammo boxes contain 24 rds, for three mags of 8 shots)

Then I tried a few competition practice 10 shot strings, the best one yielding 88/100. Needless to say I am super happy with this acquisition

I also tried a cheap ex Lausanne Police 1977 P220 I bought with the Luger. It shot surprisingly well

Shot my 1949 P49 (210-1)

And the P49 (210-2) I had chromed

A great evening in a very nice setting with perfect weather

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Great targets and very nice range pic! Was the first 25 Meter targets part of a qualification?
Vic

·
Registered
102 Posts
I went to the local club yesterday evening in order to try out the two Swiss Lugers I presented and a few other Swiss hardware.

Unfortunately the 25 m lane was blocked for the yearly Swiss military and field shooting competitions, so I went to the 50 meters range, oh well, who doesn’t like a challenge.

I had already completed the military and field shooting at my other club end June. It went ok, I achieved the same score as last year on the military shooting, 20 rds, which gets me a distinction; but quite less on the field shooting, 18 rds, where I achieved 178 last year, still good for a medal, still to come.

I used the Sig P210-6 with adjustable sights this time, in the previous years I used my 1923 Swiss Luger

So off the to 50 meters lane

Five shots with my friend’s black 06/29, it shot high and a little left so I had to aim at the 7 circle underneath

First 5 shots with my new red 06/29

Next five, getting tighter

Next four with three miracle shots (the old Swiss ordnance ammo boxes contain 24 rds, for three mags of 8 shots)

Then I tried a few competition practice 10 shot strings, the best one yielding 88/100. Needless to say I am super happy with this acquisition

I also tried a cheap ex Lausanne Police 1977 P220 I bought with the Luger. It shot surprisingly well

Shot my 1949 P49 (210-1)

And the P49 (210-2) I had chromed

A great evening in a very nice setting with perfect weather

That is a really nice range your club has...

You have to love the SIG P210... it makes a lot of average shooters look really good...

You have some really nice scores there too...

V/r

Chuck

Reactions: CLASSIC12

·
Registered
102 Posts
The bicycle is a 1994 Swiss military bike. Built like a tank.

Reactions: CLASSIC12

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great targets and very nice range pic! Was the first 25 Meter targets part of a qualification?
Vic
Yes, the military shooting 20 rds is the compulsory qualifying for all soldiers (pistol or rifle) but is open to all including non military

The field shooting is also open to all

In both cases the Swiss Gvt provides the ammo for free

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have both a P210 pistol and a K31 carbine. Great weapons. I would love to have an STG 57.

I habe eine P210 Pistole und auch ein K31 Karabiner. Ausgezeichnete Waffen. Ich wuerde gerne ein STG 57 haben.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts