Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Colt fans,

At what year did Colt exclusively switch from MK III to the MK V modifications? Another question for the experts. Just curious but are there Colts which have both Mk III and MK V modifications as some kind of transition period?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Even though I can't answer your questions, I would still like to welcome you to the Colt forum. Do you have any Colts?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Gerard1,

Thank you for the welcome.

Hopefully this evening I will buy a Colt Peacekeeper, 4" version. Gonna test it on the gun range. NIB from a dedecaded Colt collector who needs some spare room on his gun permit and wants get rid of it.

As a S&W 686 shooter I'm very curious about the outcome. Think I'm afected bij the Colt virus. Nevertheless I'm pretty sure that I will buy the Peacekeeper!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
With dutch gunlaws it's almost impossible to just start collecting modern guns. When you have 5 guns on your permit and snubby/safequeen no. 6 comes along, then there's the time of making a very deer choice, you either let it pass or you must depart from one of your other precious.

Getting a collector's permit is a process clouded in mistery....

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,888 Posts
My records show the Trooper Mark III being made from 1969 to 1983.

The Trooper Mark V was made from 1982 to 1986.

I don't remember there actually being any overlap on models.
In other words, I seem to remember the Mark III being discontinued AS the Mark V was introduced.

There were no "transition" guns.
The Mark III and V were distinctly different models, and you didn't see something like a Mark III with a Mark V-type barrel, or a Mark V with a Mark III hammer and trigger.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@dfariswheel: thank you for the info and the time for answering my question. I appreciate that!

Just bought the Colt Peacekeeper! Nice gun, very good handling(benefit of a 4" barrel), same sights as on a Colt Python, DA very nice. I reckon about 11 pounds. Totally different from a S&W. Not better or worse just plain different. I like it and must get used to it. Couldn't find any cosmetic "defects" which could bother me in the future. Furthermore I like the clockwise rotating cylinder, matt finisch and tight tolerances.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts