Colt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Mossberg makes a really sharp .12 ga. that breaks down and fits in a backpack. Actually it is old like that. Detachable stock turns into a little pistol grip shotgun, and then you can clip on the stock and shoulder the weapon. The whole package is stored in a black nylon backpack. My good friend that owns the LGS had a couple in stock that I looked at. Peace.

Blade

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
My brother has a Mossberg take down with a case but it ONLY has the pistol grip and no standard type shoulder stock like my old take down '97 Trench Gun. His case is more of a storage tube with a sling.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I have to call my friend at the gun store to find out. If he has one in stock I will take some photos and post them.

Blade

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
I had an Ithaca Model 51 made in the '70's that had a canvas case with seperate compartments with leather straps and closures that I still kick myself for selling to a buddy some 15 years ago. He moved away so no telling where it ended up but it was one sweet pump shotgun. I know...you're looking for modern takedown shotgun but nobody does the old classics like the old shotgun makers :) Brilliant statement that was, forgive me it's been a rough morning.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Kid, read the ad. I notice they are very careful not to mention where these shotguns are made. If they are the ones coming out of China, I have read reports of poor workmanship and no factory support.

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
Kid, read the ad. I notice they are very careful not to mention where these shotguns are made. If they are the ones coming out of China, I have read reports of poor workmanship and no factory support.
Guns are used in SASS and there are a couple of guys who slick them up..I don't use one...Just an option.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
The Mossberg I was referring to is a model 500 JIC(Just in Case) II. The gun has a pistol grip, and fits into the supplied black nylon backpack. The barrel is 18.5 inches. There is an optional shoulder stock, that also fits into the backpack, and attaches to the pistol grip to give you a the option of having a tactical stock on the shotgun, to fully deploy the weapon as a shouldered gun. My friend has sold all that he had in the store. If you go to "Slick Guns" or search the model on the internet you can see some examples. The II should be the one with the nylon backpack. Hope this helps.

Blade

·
Premium Member
5,846 Posts
All model 12 winchesters are takedown. Some worn field grade guns can be had for $300. Some already have had there barrels cut. The model 12 has no disconector, hold the trigger and pump until its empty. This can also be a serious fault.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I have an IAC Trench Gun clone and it is NOT a take down. But in three years of abusive use it has been fine.
My original Trench Gun '97 is a take-down and still runs great though I tend to baby it out of respect.
My brother has an Ithaca 37 take down that is very nice and would make a great riot/trench gun.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
The Mossberg I was referring to is a model 500 JIC(Just in Case) II. The gun has a pistol grip, and fits into the supplied black nylon backpack. The barrel is 18.5 inches. There is an optional shoulder stock, that also fits into the backpack, and attaches to the pistol grip to give you a the option of having a tactical stock on the shotgun, to fully deploy the weapon as a shouldered gun. My friend has sold all that he had in the store. If you go to "Slick Guns" or search the model on the internet you can see some examples. The II should be the one with the nylon backpack. Hope this helps.
I bought the Persuader ($299) and decided it was too long for a pistol grip. Then I started looking at my plain 500 and got to thinking, now I got a real Cruiser and trench gun.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts