Colt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you ever have one of those weak moments and buy a gun you didn't need or wasn't really looking for but for some reason…you couldn't leave without it?
Look who I'm asking ;)

Talo/Colt Cerakote Commander 1 of 300 (#10)

·
Registered
255 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. Went to my LGS today to pick up a couple boxes of 38 Super and left with a new Colt Blued commander 45. Almost bought stainless, but I'm a sucker for blued steel and walnut.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
T, do you happen to know why Talo/Colt decided to go with no rollmarks on the slide?
Paul…I haven't heard anything regarding that decision….but it is part of the appeal for me…it's something about the simplicity of the whole thing.

OH and did I mention it is a Colt :)

Curious to hear how the cerakote finish holds up for you.
You might have to ask HarleyTech….I have a history of just looking at mine for quite some time before actually shooting them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Paul…I haven't heard anything regarding that decision….but it is part of the appeal for me…it's something about the simplicity of the whole thing.

OH and did I mention it is a Colt :)

You might have to ask HarleyTech….I have a history of just looking at mine for quite some time before actually shooting them.
Holds up great..! No holster wear at all...
One of the things I like about it...

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's good to hear…. I have no previous history with cerakote firearms but if you read the info on their web site….it is supposed to be pretty durable, particularly where corrosion is concerned.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The same thing just happened to me yesterday, I picked this up and held her and couldn't put it down. Had no intentions when I went in but couldn't leave her there. Wow I love this beautiful thing. (#109)

I am addicted to 1911's

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.