Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
I just looked at his other listings and there are three others - one for $147,500, one for $59,500 and one for 52, 500! Guess I'd better start printing up some money /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

John

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Fellas, this is no mistake!

Don't you see the guy needs the extra cash to invest into a camera? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
I have a "carried some, shot little" camera I'll sell him for only $259,000. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
188 Posts
It now says "SOLD PENDING FUNDS" ... Ok ... so how much did the buyer talk him down to, $125k? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
6 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Who's the idiot that sold-off New-Amsterdam? I could have been reading this board in Dutch!

[/ QUOTE ]

Peter Minuit was the Dutch Governor of New York who bought the island of Manhatten from the Native Americans for some $24-$26 worth of beads (60 Dutch Guilders at the time) (and very attractive I am sure they were). There are some who would say, considering New York City's reputation in some circles, that he got a good deal ... but it is my home town and "I love New York."

Ultimately, the Dutch lost New Amsterdam, including the Hudson Valley, to the British. In 1664 a British fleet sailed into NY Harbor and the current Dutch Governer, Peter Stuyvesant surrendered the City without a fight. After some arguing over the details, New Amsterdam became a British Colony and was named New York in honor of the Duke of York in 1669.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts