Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Several years ago I bought a 1930s vintage Official Police, 38 Special, 6" barrel. Had some holster wear on cylinder and muzzle but otherwise good condition and tight. Didn't shoot it much because the stocks were really too small for my big mitts so it sat in the safe while I played with my Trooper MK III. But just fer fun I bought a used set of Pachmayr Presentation grips for that OP and took it to the range with some commercial 158 gr RN ammo. My best 6 shot group at 25 yards measured 1.5" off sandbags. That's REAL good for me. Best of all, the group was right at the point of aim. The serial number has a "T" above it. If I recall that means it's regulated to point of aim instead of for use with a 6 o'clock hold. If so, it seems to work!

Before cleaning today:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
The serial number has a "T" above it

Think of it as Quality Control ....
Colt was merely verifying their assembled pistols to the standards that they expected.

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
1 1/2" with all 6 shots off sandbags at 25 yards- yeah thats REAL GOOD, as far as i'm concerned. If it shot right close to point of aim, Im not sure what that means at 25 yards. Unless Colt decided that 25 yards was their dead on range. All the paper test target groups from Colt are at 15 yards. But being its a 6" barrel maybe they figured 25 yards was the dead on distance??? With the muzzle flip on a sandbag rest or off a hand hold, the point of impact varies with distance, of course. I have some that shoot dead (poa) at 15 yards and then shoot an inch or so high at 25+/_ yards so they hit more or less the bullseye at that distance. Anyway sounds like you got a great shootin gun,regardless.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts