Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a trade involving a nice used targetsmen. The rear sight windage screw appears to be broken and missing the end that extends into the hole on the right side of the sight. Are screws available anywhere? is this a common problem eith this model or are they generally fairly rugged? I like the pistol ( 95-98% )otherwise but need info about the sight before I will commit.

Also, other than the difference in the sights, barrel contour and no slide release / last shot holdback are there any other real differences between the Targetsman and the Woodsman?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The windage screw of Targetsman is very fragile. It is very hard to find replacement for it. I am looking to purchase one from Numrich, Jack First and Colt parts but no luck. Below is the picture. Thanks. If someone has a spare please email me at [email protected].

Text Screw Auto part Suspension part

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
The windage screw of Targetsman is very fragile. It is very hard to find replacement for it. I am looking to purchase one from Numrich, Jack First and Colt parts but no luck. Below is the picture. Thanks. If someone has a spare please email me at [email protected].

View attachment 115048
Actually the picture shown is of the windage screw from a Coltmaster 2nd series sight.
And to be specific, the pictured windage screw is further missing the Detent Ring that slips in between the screw Mounting Ring and the spring.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Actually the picture shown is of the windage screw from a Coltmaster 2nd series sight.
And to be specific, the pictured windage screw is further missing the Detent Ring that slips in between the screw Mounting Ring and the spring.
No. No more differences that I can think of.

The elevation screw of the Targetsman rear sight also presents problems. It sometimes falls out and disappears into the grass or dirt. I have had numerous request for replacement elevation screws, but I do not have any and I do not know where to get any.

·
Registered
32 Posts
True. Just learned this the hard way. This is what it should look like. Courtesy prewoodsman.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts