Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired this beautiful stainless Officer's model. It is marked Lightweight Officer's ACP on one side and Tactical Officer's Lightweight on the other.
It has a slight bevel in the magazine well and duck-bill grip safety with beautiful wood stocks. I'm not sure about the make of the wood, but they show very nice grain and shiny finish with gold Colt medallions. Also, the frame is aluminum/alloy with shiny flats and Commander sized. Ser #:TOL 1xx, from Colt's website it shows it was made in 1996 for RSR Distributors.
I really enjoy shooting this piece and would like info on good ammo and a nice leather OWB holster Does anyone else have one?

I've scoured the net for info but it is scarce. Thanks for any info that you may share!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I bought one back when they first came out but ended up trading it off. It was one of those trades that I later regretted. Great guns. I still remember the serial number. There were two runs of these for RSR by Colt and it's not a commonly seen model today. Here's a little more information. Tactical Officers Lightweight

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought one back when they first came out but ended up trading it off. It was one of those trades that I later regretted. Great guns. I still remember the serial number. There were two runs of these for RSR by Colt and it's not a commonly seen model today. Here's a little more information. Tactical Officers Lightweight
Thanks for the link Lonestaer57! Mine looks similiar to AJ1911's pistol minus the grip safety and mine has an extended thumb safety. I guess my grips are rosewood too. I was going to put this in my rotation but seeing as how there weren't very many made I guess she'll just be an occasional shooter. A shame since I really love the feel and she shoots like a dream.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I, like Lonestar, also had one of the T.O.L.'s - traded it - and later regretted it.
They are nice looking variants, and you don't see them come up for sale very often, and when they do people are very proud of them.

·
Banned
110 Posts
I have 1LTW Commander , 2 Officers, a Defender, and a New Agent The Defender gets most carry. All have been reliable, Go ahead Man can never have to many Colts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a New Agent also. I was pleasantly surpised on how well it shot and like all of my Colt's, it has been 100% reliable.
I have 1LTW Commander , 2 Officers, a Defender, and a New Agent The Defender gets most carry. All have been reliable, Go ahead Man can never have to many Colts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts