Colt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,586 Posts
Looks like a very early 3rd issue officers model by the 2nd issue Maltese cross barrel marking but the 1926 patent date. Fantastic guns, one of Colt’s best! Officers models are E frame, grips interchange with I frame (Python) which is what yours has on it. The grips are later 3rd Gen Python grips. The grips are worth 250-300 but nice period correct original OM grips will run you around 2 bills. Haven’t kept up with prices since covid but that gun is clean looking. No major flaws not seen, I would not hesitate dropping 1000 on it.

Some info on Officer’s Models:

·
Premium Member
3,586 Posts
Be sure the target grips aren't hiding a blemish before investing too much in original grips. But I get a feeling that it will look pretty good under the wood. Well kept gun by all appearance.
I actually started to post this but didn’t because I figured it’d be alright. I too have seen target stocks put on a revolver to cover a bad place, persons name, SS# and the likes. Not related to stocks but probably the saddest for me personally was found a first year 4 inch Python in box with goodies, all original, beautiful early Smiley grips. I mean it was mint….Sort of… until opened the cylinder and across bottom of frame under cylinder, guy had put his SS#.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts