Colt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
You are missing your common sense to pay that price. Five years from now, maybe.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
This is the power of the penny no reserve auction. No other scenerio would this gun sell for more than $2500 in it's fake box.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow...I worked JC Penny sporting goods in department '69-70. Remember when Penny's had guns? Mauser-actioned BSA's for $129, Parker-Hale's for $139; Browning Superposed for $404. Had a lot of those WWI commemorative Colt 1911's, the ones that came in a wooden box. Winchester Buffalo Bill commemoratives for $99 (20 and 24 inch). Pythons then were $175 (maybe $125...suddenly I don't recollect that particular, and too dang lazy to go look it up). We only ever got in six of them once, 6" blued, and I think a couple 4". Six phone calls and they were gone, mostly to sheriff's deputy. I do remember what beauties they were, and thinking how I'd probably never ever have one. Well, so far that's held true, hehehe. Especially now, I'd guess from that price. I say again, wow.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
You may be just missing the EXTREME desire for that nickel Python. Or maybe it's someone who has more money than they know what to do with and also thinks they just have to have it now.
Or maybe its someone who has a little money in a account making 0.15% interest and they figure even at that price,the python will STILL be a better investment even at that price(and they get to actually hold it, shoot it, etc.).

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I have no problem paying too much for a gun I want :):):)

I was curious if there was anything special about this particular PYTHON I was not aware of......

I was thinking the box looked suspect but as a rookie COLT accumulator I didn't want to say so....

I also have a funny feeling about the grips...but again my experience level is rated NOVICE....but I learn quickly :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If I am not mistaken these people have been mentioned before for the "EXTRAS" presented as original.....

Sure seems to work for them....BUT makes me suspect of almost all the NIB PYTHONS listed....RR.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Here are some photos I saved from this fake "NIB" Python auction. These photos will survive here after the Gun Broker link expires.

Every item in this auction, except the used Python, is a reproduction (bogus/fake). The $5310 auction price is the reason sellers create these bogus packages. In this case I estimate it put $2500 to $3000 bonus cash in the seller's pocket.

^^^^^

1 - 17 of 17 Posts