Colt Forum banner

Test

5K views 39 replies 15 participants last post by  824tsv 
#1 ·
#15 · (Edited)
Testing...new computer with new software.......

This is just a test.......
For anyone interested, this is a Day Arms "30X" .22 Conversion Unit for a full size 1911 frame. Manufactured by Bob Day, sadly he was killed in a plane crash in the early 2000's. It's pretty much a copy of the Kart .22 Conversion Unit pioneered by Fred Kart in the 70's. The differences between the 2 is how the unit attaches to the host frame. On the Kart unit, the guide rod is tightened to the slide stop to secure the barrel to the frame. The Kart unit uses standard Colt Conversion Unit magazine although he came out with his own design metal magazines in the late 70's. The Day unit secures the barrel to the frame with a unique 2 piece slide stop with a pin that is friction clamped within the barrel link. The pin needs to be pushed in with force and then driven out to remove it. The ingenious Day Arms magazine insert allowed the user to convert their .45ACP magazines with a special insert that fit in the .45ACP magazine above the follower that held 5 rounds and had a built in ejector. A pretty neat Conversion Unit that works very well and is somewhat scarce.

Technology Electronic device Electronics accessory Battery
Shotgun Hair iron Gun barrel
View attachment 592331

#19 ·
A Forum member was having issues posting pic's from his iPad. I've never tried to post pic's from it till now. My only complaint is that you can't use a memory stick with it, only the iCloud which I'm hesitant in using.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.