Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Yeah, I have a License from Colt to reproduce the original painting....Digitized....
is that something you sell?
I can but the funds go to Happy Trails Childrens Foundation. A 20 x 30 Unframed runs approximately $250.00. I will have to confirm printing costs and shipping to give an exact price. If you are seriously interested you can send me a pm and I will check locals who can print. With or without the Colt Logos.

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
I can but the funds go to Happy Trails Childrens Foundation. A 20 x 30 Unframed runs approximately $250.00. I will have to confirm printing costs and shipping to give an exact price. If you are seriously interested you can send me a pm and I will check locals who can print. With or without the Colt Logos.
Perhaps it's just me, but does the SAA revolver (and holster) not appear larger than it should, in perspective (or comparison) to the rider's hands, belt, etc.?

No criticism intended, and I'm no art "critic", but it seems that way to me.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Perhaps it's just me, but does the SAA revolver (and holster) not appear larger than it should, in perspective (or comparison) to the rider's hands, belt, etc.?

No criticism intended, and I'm no art "critic", but it seems that way to me.
Me neither, no art critic, but I've always felt it does appear slightly posed and even maybe slightly enlarged. That is to say pushed out in an almost un-lifelike position when sitting a horse. And yeah obviously to draw attention to the product for sale.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
1968 the American rifleman magazine

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
This one is clearly 1950-ish. I never liked the 'art deco' look of anything in the '50s, and the prevailing modernistic artwork in many ads we see on these mesas and clouds is an especially good example of 'the unreal look'. Winchester ads and brochures of the time were even worse. And the '50s were the heyday of firearms production, before the dark days of the '60s.

·
Registered
155 Posts
This one is clearly 1950-ish. I never liked the 'art deco' look of anything in the '50s, and the prevailing modernistic artwork in many ads we see on these mesas and clouds is an especially good example of 'the unreal look'. Winchester ads and brochures of the time were even worse. And the '50s were the heyday of firearms production, before the dark days of the '60s.

Zip codes appeared circa 1966. Prob is 1968 AR ad.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts