Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
all can view my website
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Texas Gun Collector's Association show is this weekend in Ft. Worth. It is being held in the Historic Stock Yards.
TEXAS GUN COLLECTORS ASSOCIATIONFALL MEETING & COLLECTORS ARMS SHOW
October 20 - 22, 2017
Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame Museum
128 E. Exchange Ave.Fort Worth, TX 76164

Here is a link to their website
Texas Gun Collectors Association

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
I was working at our Dallas Office a number of years ago and went to the Fort Worth Texas Gun Collector's Association show and it was great. Once I entered the Hall, I spotted a nice looking 1939 Luger on a table and bought it within 5 minutes of entering the show.....What a great day finding the nice Luger and a few other pistols too!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Nice show this afternoon. Some really nice pieces but prices are not reflective of the down turn in collectibles. Went in trying to find something to buy but just couldn’t get past the price points. Nice group of people willing to talk and many happy to have you handle the guns.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
There was a really nice looking, but not working 1877 Thunderer that I thought about getting to see if I could canibalize it for my .41 that is still in pieces and in need of parts, or vice versa. At least have one working Thunderer. However, I was able to resist for fear that I would wind up with two non functioning guns......price was $500 and cosmetics were really nice. All the other 1877s I saw in functioning order were close to triple that price. I may go back with cash in my pocket and see if I can get it for much less......I need a working Thunderer. There was a collection of lighting rifles that was impressive. I never really followed them and had no idea they were as pricey as what was being asked for. From the level of prices I am going to go out on a limb here and say I suspect a lot of these folks simply are going home with the guns they came with. I had never been to one of these but will try to follow them....they really were a nice bunch of folks and as we say in my local car club, it’s not the car it’s the people and in this case it was not the guns it was the really nice folks.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I'll be attending a small show in Wickenburg, AZ today. Wish I had known about the TGCA Show sooner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts