Colt Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Top draw displays, you yanks are so lucky to have these collections to be able to view in the good old cowboy state of Texas USA. A great post thanks for posting. Kind regards, ALSS.
Happy to share, particularly for those of you who are overseas.

ALSS & Rio, I lived in England for almost 2 years, Leeds to be exact. I got to travel extensively in the north of England, but also spent a lot of time in and around London with family. Still have a fondness for the English sense of humor and the incomparable British public house! And don't get me started on a proper pint of bitters....!

T

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've also driven by many times and haven't stopped in. I'm going to make it a point to stop on our next trip to or through Waco. I recently read an old article about the Ranger Frank Hammer, that dude was a bad ass.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
You have done such a great job of documenting and taking pictures for us I almost feel that we may not have to visit this museum. Thanks for sharing its very interesting.

·
Registered
62 Posts
During a vacation in Ft Worth 20 years ago we went through Waco on the way to The Alamo. We stopped and went in. I was very impressed. Great displays and a wide range of guns, saddles and historical items. It was a neat place then I'm sure it's great now. I was a little disappointed with the Alamo, there wasn't much there to see. We had a good time and even considered a move from eastern NC to Texas hill country as we liked Texas so much but we never moved.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Baltimore Ed, perhaps you did what I call--"The 20 minute tour" of The Alamo. My boy and I spent 3 1/2 hours there in 2013. You have to go in the museum and ask questions with the historians. We were fascinated! There's also an offsite museum that houses a dig site that they left alone and covered it with plexiglass. Wow! The Phil Collins battle exhibit was amazing as well. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for the pics!

·
Premium Member
19,390 Posts
That 1866 Winchester that was engraved and decorated by Frank Hendricks and Dick Story is something else!! That for posting so many great pictures!

·
Registered
21 Posts
H (And let's be honest, there aren't many reasons to stop in Waco, but this is one!)

View attachment 336634 View attachment 336642 View attachment 336650 View attachment 336658 View attachment 336666
Hey fellas, I've driven past the Ranger Museum in Waco very likely over 100 times without ever stopping in, so on my last trip up to Dallas, I made a point to visit. This is a fantastic museum with an abundance of firearms and great history on the Texas Rangers. They've really done a great job with the displays and information. Well worth a visit if you find yourself in the middle of Texas. (And let's be honest, there aren't many reasons to stop in Waco, but this is one!)

I took a number of pics so I could share them with you guys, especially those outside of the Republic of Texas who may not get to visit this place.

Enjoy!

View attachment 336634 View attachment 336642 View attachment 336650 View attachment 336658 View attachment 336666
I have been there too, yes - it is fantastic !!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts