Colt Forum banner

Texas Ranger Museum - Waco, Texas Part 1

5K views 32 replies 22 participants last post by  Canine cop 
#1 ·
Hey fellas, I've driven past the Ranger Museum in Waco very likely over 100 times without ever stopping in, so on my last trip up to Dallas, I made a point to visit. This is a fantastic museum with an abundance of firearms and great history on the Texas Rangers. They've really done a great job with the displays and information. Well worth a visit if you find yourself in the middle of Texas. (And let's be honest, there aren't many reasons to stop in Waco, but this is one!)

I took a number of pics so I could share them with you guys, especially those outside of the Republic of Texas who may not get to visit this place.

Enjoy!

Statue Monument Sculpture Horse Rein
Banner
Wood Table
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory
Antique tool Tool woodworking Metalworking hand tool Arsenal

See less See more
#31 ·
H (And let's be honest, there aren't many reasons to stop in Waco, but this is one!)

View attachment 336634 View attachment 336642 View attachment 336650 View attachment 336658 View attachment 336666
Hey fellas, I've driven past the Ranger Museum in Waco very likely over 100 times without ever stopping in, so on my last trip up to Dallas, I made a point to visit. This is a fantastic museum with an abundance of firearms and great history on the Texas Rangers. They've really done a great job with the displays and information. Well worth a visit if you find yourself in the middle of Texas. (And let's be honest, there aren't many reasons to stop in Waco, but this is one!)

I took a number of pics so I could share them with you guys, especially those outside of the Republic of Texas who may not get to visit this place.

Enjoy!

View attachment 336634 View attachment 336642 View attachment 336650 View attachment 336658 View attachment 336666
I have been there too, yes - it is fantastic !!

#33 ·

Enjoy!

Of note, if you are down Waco way, a must stop is the Teas Ranger museum, then head over to Kerrville to see the Schreiner Ranger museum and if you got more time, head over to El Paso and go to the Border Patrol museum. That is a must to see the evolution of the work from 1924 through 2024 in the Patrol. I still miss even at my age
erved when a lot of it was still done the old way and I wouldn't want it any other way. I found some neat stuff in the 17 years I was stationed there, A supervisor I worked for, found the remanent of a saddle & a relic Colt SAA still sitting in a rotting holster I find you could make career of museum hopping in Texas. Myself & oldest son, served in the Patrol

Property Plant Sky Building Land lot