Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post here. Greetings from the howling high desert wilderness of NE NV. Looks like a good bunch of folks here on the Colt forum. I logged on first time last night and had to sign up. My first Colt was a used 1851 Navy, #101XXX. 1864 production as best as I could figure (and remember). No finish left on it but still had remnants of the original holster, and it was functional. Traded a Datsun pickup for it and 50 bucks. Sadly, it got away from me a few years later. Next was a NF Buntline .22. Harvested a passel of small game and whatnot with it over the years. Then came a NF .45 in 1980. Still in the box today, unturned/unfired as I'd bought it when my son was born with every intention of giving it to him when he grew up. He voted for Obama, though, so last year when he asked for a handgun he got back his old Taurus DA .357 (which he'd been shooting since he was 10 in USPSA matches, sweet tuned action...he's happy) instead. Last night I learned a lot about the 3rd gen NF's, and have to check mine to see what of the poor fitting and possible wierdnesses it might have...always thought it was a pretty gorgeous gun, myself. For awhile I had a HBAR Match, but traded it off for a couple of Arabian horses...it just never felt quite right like a Garand does for me. Carried a Government Model .380 for a few years. Still have it, too, come to think of it. I like that little gun. A few years ago a lady friend gave me a cigar box full of parts that turned into a Beretta FS92 once I put a recoil spring in it. Traded it a couple years ago for a M1917 .45 ACP with Army markings and a busted hammer spring. Have a relacement spring but I'm kinda intimidated about tearing into a DA revolver. Perhaps I can get some tips here over time. It looks good next to the S&W M1917. And I think that's about it for my Colt history...the whole line got so expensive I haven't been able to acquire many more...sure wish I could have gotten a NF in .357, too.

So again...thanks for welcoming me to the party. Hope I can fit in somewhere...:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.