Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of the Thanksgiving sales are of no interest to me, but I received an email stating the Collectors Fireams were having up to 20% off on special days. It might be worth your while to look. I have gotten some good deals from them and they are great to work with. If you have ever been to their store, it is tough leaving, but they eventually have to close for the day.

Collectors Firearms

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
Thanks for sharing!

I thought the prices were a bit high, too. I have to say I'm more intrigued by some of the Colt curios than I am the firearms. A Colt "Tobacc-A-Dor" or "Courtship of Lady Nicotine" cigarette box? I had no idea Colt made such things.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Even at 20% off the prices are high.
You can find some deals at collectors. Typically the stuff that isnt on their website. I have bought several guns at what I thought were fair prices, but typically if they list it online, that won't be the case. Of course, the true value of Collectors is if you want to get a hard to find gun amd insist on seeing it before putting down any money.

Again, I have found a few deals on colts even there, but forget about any snake guns. Their SAAs however tend to be fairly priced. They have a centennial one for like 1395 at the moment in 45.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Thanks for sharing!

I thought the prices were a bit high, too. I have to say I'm more intrigued by some of the Colt curios than I am the firearms. A Colt "Tobacc-A-Dor" or "Courtship of Lady Nicotine" cigarette box? I had no idea Colt made such things.
They used to have a lot of colt stamping blocks and such, but not certain if they have sold them.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
I live in Houston and can tell you that they do not raise their prices before a sale. I will agree though that their regular prices are very high. 20% off probably just gets you down to were others prices would be on the same type of firearm, "IF THEY HAD IT".

The "IF THEY HAD IT" is were it gets interesting.The difference is that Collector's usually have what you are looking for.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I live in Houston and can tell you that they do not raise their prices before a sale. I will agree though that their regular prices are very high. 20% off probably just gets you down to were others prices would be on the same type of firearm, "IF THEY HAD IT".

The "IF THEY HAD IT" is were it gets interesting.The difference is that Collector's usually have what you are looking for.
Sorry my comment was supposed to be tongue in cheek. I used to live in friendswood and hit up collectors regularly.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
When I was working in Houston, my Saturday morning trip to Collectors Firearms came first, LOL! I went there so much, everyone there got to know me. I would "haggle" with them if I was really interested in a firearm or other stuff they have. Some time I would win and sometime I would lose.

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Like others have said, they do not raise prices to put them on sale. I have waited with good luck for a revolver that I thought was fair priced to start. It was a true 20% off and I got what I considered to be a great deal

Its 15% all week then extra 5 on friday. Pf vourse while I love collectors, they probably raised prices 10% before putting them on sale :)

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
When I was working in Houston, my Saturday morning trip to Collectors Firearms came first, LOL! I went there so much, everyone there got to know me. I would "haggle" with them if I was really interested in a firearm or other stuff they have. Some time I would win and sometime I would lose.

I love going in there. People, "In the know" say that the really good stuff is in the back. I believe it because I have seen folks invited to the back and later come out with arm's full of incredible guns. Do not think for a minute that there is not good stuff up front too. I have seen two Colt Walkers (Yes, Two) up front and was told that the really good one was in the back. It is a true gun fantasy land.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts