Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never bought a gun off of gun broker, and I probably never will due to constraints of my gun buying budget, however, I do like to go on there to look at what people are selling and what is popping up on the market.

Today at lunch just for fun I decided to search for refinished colts on GB. Amazingly I think a total of 3 guns popped up. This was including descriptions.

Now I don't mean to disparage my gun buying and selling associates, but it seemed a little difficult to swallow that all those guns on there are naturally pristine and haven't been refinished. Especially, with the commoness of people on this site finding guns on BG that are refinished. Not a complaint, as I said, I don't buy off of there, just a humorous observation.

I also went looking for guns that had something in them suggesting they were well used or rusted or a good shooter gun and couldn't find much. Its just funny to me.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
The Equasion just works.

Junky worn Python $1200

Junky worn Python refinished at Colt for $300 sells for $2800

Which payday do you want?

Good observation!

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
Yes your assumptions are correct, alot of people refinish a gun and try to sell it as original. There are PLENTY of refinished guns on GB. This is happening with Pythons a good bit. This is the reason alot of the times you will see 10/+ "Fake Package NIB" Pythons to every legit one. Most of these aren't refinished (some are), but have the fake packages because a NIB Python will bring a MINIMUM of 500-800 more, some MUCH MUCH MORE, than the same Python without the box. There are people whom are all about the money and care nothing about morals, sad but true.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heck, I wasn't even looking for pythons, already have that. I was looking for a beatup or well used Trooper or .22 revolver or even a refinished one, just to see if there might be something and I couldn't find squat.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I used to think that the prevalence of refinished USGI 1911 pistols was as bad as it got, but what I'm seeing these days with Pythons has all but scared me away from looking for one.

·
Registered
240 Posts
When buying the weapon it is original factory condition, never been outside, fired, or been touched by unclean hands.
When trying to sell the same weapon its refinished, been fired hundreds of times in bad weather by unclean hands.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.