Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
Saturday night special...lynyrd skynyrd
One of my favorite bands as a teenager and still to this day. "Saturday Night Special, lyrics by Ronnie Van Zant, was a flat out anti handgun song, but on the inside jacket of one of their there's picture of them all partying and he's sticking a cocked single action in one of the other guys faces. Don't matter. I still think they were, and are great.
George Thorogood, actually Johnny Cash first, in Cocaine Blues mentions, "I took a shot of whiskey then I went to bed, put that lovin' .44 beneath my head."

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
One of my favorite bands as a teenager and still to this day. "Saturday Night Special, lyrics by Ronnie Van Zant, was a flat out anti handgun song, but on the inside jacket of one of their there's picture of them all partying and he's sticking a cocked single action in one of the other guys faces. Don't matter. I still think they were, and are great.
George Thorogood, actually Johnny Cash first, in Cocaine Blues mentions, "I took a shot of whiskey then I went to bed, put that lovin' .44 beneath my head."
Jimmie Rodgers did the Cocaine Blues back in the late '20s or early '30s,he died in 1933.He was billed as "the singing brakeman" & is considered the grandfather of country music.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Tony,
Good thread, On the list I relate to #3, #4, and especially #9. In addition Wil Terry has hit a nerve, lol.
Marty Robbins and Johnny Cash were both singing the country western theme songs around the same time. Any of us, me included, that like country music will recall these old classics.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Chris Knight - Down The River - YouTube

I'm sure most have not heard this song, it's by an artist named Chris Knight. It's a long song with a story line. If you truly listen to the words of the song it will end up giving you chills.

Dean Brody - Cattleman's Gun - YouTube

This song is by an artist named Dean Brody. It's called "Cattleman's Gun." It makes me think of the old west gun slinging days. Makes me wanna pull the SAA out and shoot glass bottles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKBZ7IuMCr0

Same guy as earlier, Chris Knight

"Love and a 45, one will kill ya and one will keep you alive."

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.