Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My two Bisleys. For newer viewers here's the old pictures, too, of my long barreled .44 Special when it was a bulged barrel .32-20 being used to open a Budweiser beer bottle as described by Skeeter Skelton. He wrote that when he was a kid a "Portales", N.M. merchant showed him this. I tried it just once and it works perfect, though mine were twist offs. Can you see the barrel bulge?

·
Registered
530 Posts
This was a trick post, right?

I readily recalled the original article, but I live near Nogales, and in New Mexico it ain't. Checking the original article, I see the Bisley/Budweiser affectionado lived in Portales, NM. Not a big issue. More important is, what automobiles currently have steering columns long enough to accommodate a holstered Bisley?

·
Registered
8,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This was a trick post, right?

I readily recalled the original article, but I live near Nogales, and in New Mexico it ain't. Checking the original article, I see the Bisley/Budweiser affectionado lived in Portales, NM. Not a big issue. More important is, what automobiles currently have steering columns long enough to accommodate a holstered Bisley?
Right. It was Portales". I'll go change it. Wonder where Nogales came from? :bang_wall:

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
I wish there were so many Bisleys around, that you would not feel bad- if you opened a beer bottle with um'.

In Tom Rynning's book "Gun Notches" he talks about using the butt of a SAA to grind coffee beans.

Dang the old days were rough...

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I usually carry enough junk around in my pockets to handle small emergencies such as opening a bottle of beer, a small reversible screw driver, flash light, knife, and "church key".

I'm a founding member of the ASPCB, (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Bisleys), and I have a shelter for them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts