Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched the movie "The Book of Eli" last night for the first time, and the first scene in the movie shows a Pre-WWI Colt New Service laying in the grass next to a dead body. It was obviously a pre-war NS as the image clearly showed a three section knurled ejector rod knob and a shark-fin front sight. The screen capture below doesn't show the detail as well as the movie, but you can see the ejector rod knob fairly clearly.

imfdb.com, a source for information on movie firearms, improperly identifies the gun as a Police Positive. One of the problems with wiki-type sites is that they are open for edit by anyone. In this case, the editor got it wrong.

If you've got any pictures of movie Colts you'd like to add, please do.

Buck

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thelma and Louise is a favorite of mine, despite the Man-Haters Club overtones. Its superbly and creatively shot by Ridley Scott, and Ive been in love with the Lib, Susan Sarandon for decades, even before that film. Besides who wouldnt want a road trip with two bad-azz hot women... I DO I DO!

Been meaning to ask what gun she shoots the parking lot guy with. Is it a chromed New Service, or Detective Special? Or some other wheelgun?

When I slow the film down, i think i see the correct thumb latch and pony mark, but whats throwing me is the hammer shape and the barrel shroud.

Maybe its one from the snake line? The hole looks awful big, and not a S&Wee-Wee, Chiefs Special. Maybe a chromed King Cobra?.

Anybody familiar with the film have a guess?

Thats no purse shes holdin below......

Attachments

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Third issue Detective Special.

Buck

Reactions: serb
1 - 8 of 8 Posts