Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we watch a movie, this is the kinda thing I tell my wife about. It generally helps her sleep!
I was re-watching The Cincinnati Kid. Rip Torn's character Slade has a one lane, shooting range adjacent to his great room. I was surprised to see him pull out a 1st. Model Match Target Woodsman equipped with fancy Franzite target stocks! He shot three times and, because he was shooting blanks, he had to pull the slide back for each shot.

·
Premium Member
4,237 Posts

·
Registered
3,028 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
My wife hates it when we watch that sort of thing in the movies!!
Sicario was on a week or so ago, and you can plainly see this special forces dude "cover" an insurgent group with an M4 with the BOLT LOCKED OPEN. People getting blown backwards from a gunshot, 7000 machine gun rounds fired with no one falling - yet a Walther PPK is somehow apocalyptic at a couple hundred yards, fireball explosion grenades. ...oh my that stuff sticks out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
My wife politely listens and nods. I thought she had tuned my comments out. Every now and then she notices something and asks about it.
Both of my boys (full-house adults now) have started commenting around their friends.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts