Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize to everybody on this board for asking a question that has already been answered here. (probably more then once) /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Can anyone once again tell me the story of the Colt Boa.
I know it was produced for Lew Horton Distribution and appr. 1200 were made.

I tried to do a search on the board but unfortunately the options were all but filled with the word board, so that didn't help a lot... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Any help is once again much apppreciated!

Gunsmoke.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A1A,

Good to see a Forummember with brains the size of an elifant!

Thanks, that was the post I was looking for!

Keep them smoking!

Gunsmoke.

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
I guess I'll have to kill a few more cells tonight. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
I had the same trouble with boa / board on the search. I get a lot of mileage out of Google. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I know it was produced for Lew Horton Distribution and appr. 1200 were made.

[/ QUOTE ]

1200 is a lot of guns and it doesn't even fit the scarce catagory. Yet they bring rare prices. Snake guys, when you purchase your last snake, there's a whole new world out there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a set of never been shot, in the box consecutive # Boas. Does anyone have an Idea on the value. Also Is it true that all the odd numbers are the 4 inch and the even numbers are the 6 inch? Thanks any info would be great.

·
Registered
778 Posts
If you are not kidding, you can probably sell them both, and retire.

Just joshing you sort of.

Two of them with consecutive serials #'s are beyond rare.

Makes my good luck look kind of ordinary.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Did any of you guys notice that Jim Supica got asked about the value of these guns in his "Ask the Gun Guy" column in the Shotgun News? It was on page 10 of the Jan. 1 issue. His reply is lengthy but he cites the Blue Book of Gun Values as giving a value of $750 each for NIB condition, and $1,650 for a consecutive numbered pair in NIB condition.

He also goes on to state that the on-line auctions sometimes skew values, particularly if a couple of hot buyers are bidding against each other.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know anything about Boas, but I saw the column and thought it might interest some of you.

-Bob

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Values are set by what something sells at not what you think it should be. Whether or not you agree with it if the going price for models being sold are in a certain dollar range then that's the current value. True it's inflated, but that's what's current. The Boas should be a $750 revolver, but if they consistantly sell on the market for $1200 then that's the current value. Jim Suprica should know that as S&W (which he has extensive knowledge of) has their share of cult handguns that have inflated values.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Kevin
I know the other world,but I also know what sells.And what sells is SNAKES and 1911's.When Colt decides to not make anymore Pythons you better hope you're sitting on 2 or 3 dozen or make that 4 or 5 dozen,cause the world will bow down to you and pay you the price you ask,,,kinda like Diamondbacks aren't worth but about half what they bring,but they don't make em anymore either,,do they?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Kevin
,,,kinda like Diamondbacks aren't worth but about half what they bring,but they don't make em anymore either,,do they?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but as long as other guys are battling over them, I don't have to buy or sell any of them and they make the value of my DBs go up. What a deal!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts