Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Colt Forum USED to be my favorite internet community. WE USED to feel as though we were kindred spirits in a gun brand-specific interchange of ideas, questions, photos and knowledge. That's all changed. For those who stay, this thread is for you. I quit; it's no longer user-friendly or member-connected.

Some time back I ran across a thread here where we posted photos of ourselves. Not avatars but actual shots of the person behind the posts, and signatures.

Obviously this is not going to appeal to most, but for those of us who spend so much time with each other that we sometimes wonder what we all look like, I wish we could share our mugs here since I cannot locate the original thread. New photos or old; it’s up to you.

NOTE: This is important; to keep it gun related, we should have a gun prominently displayed in our photos - maybe, your favorite Colt!

This is me, Tony (Colt-SL). The following two photos were taken in 1967 when I was 20 years old in the US Army.

More recently - I'm standing at the USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor. (USS Missouri in the background)

(Click on image to enlarge)

Vacation Tourism Sky Travel Sea

·
Premium Member
4,644 Posts
Three periods in my life. One is from 1961 just after finishing basic training at Camp Pendleton (California). One is from a cowboy action shooting match about 15 years ago. The most recent is from the Colt Collector's Association convention in 2011 (Kansas City). The other gent in the photo is Norman Green, another dedicated collector of .22 single action revolver and the husband of Karen Green (long time secretary of the CCA).
-Buckspen
View attachment 49523 View attachment 49524 View attachment 49525

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have been banned from posting pictures because I am so ugly I was deemed a public health threat.
However, I am enjoying seeing the pictures of you guys.

Tony - love the M-60. My Marine M.O.S. was 0331 (Machine gunner)
Mike, you're one of the most handsome men I am honored to know - photo or not!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Tony I don't get it. I have such Beautiful Firearms to share and you want to see my Ugly Mug! That is why I'm a Internet Dealer! Lol

Fun Cheek Smile Forehead Friendship
People Child Smile Fun Vacation
Child Christmas Toddler Head Christmas tree

Me and My Better Half and me and My Entire World

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I have been banned from posting pictures because I am so ugly I was deemed a public health threat.
However, I am enjoying seeing the pictures of you guys.

Tony - love the M-60. My Marine M.O.S. was 0331 (Machine gunner)
Nonsense, Mike. You ain't seen ugly yet. Wait till I dig up one of my mugs!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Hey, I saw your picture down at the Post Office the other day! It said something about a reward, but the amount was so low, I lost interest.:D {:>)!!!
Yeah I hear you Bigfifty - hardly seems worth the trouble.

(Sheesh - I must have too much time on my hands. :bang_wall:)

Attachments

·
Registered
9,900 Posts
Yeah I hear you Bigfifty - hardly seems worth the trouble.

View attachment 49572

(Sheesh - I must have too much time on my hands. :bang_wall:)
Thanks for the coolest screensaver of all time when I choose to take an ego trip away from various pictures of my wife who usually get's that honor. And a fine bunch of grandkids (and Colts) you have.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just have to show my Supervisor and my offspring ca. 1960 ----

I've always loved this photo Bob! And I always envision a caption something like this coming from your lovely wife holding a blunderbuss: "Well thank you, yes my husband and children ARE very well mannered. Not sure why, must come naturally." :cool:

·
Registered
10,480 Posts
Talk about Memory Lane.

I do miss those faded 'Extra-Heavy Starch' OG 107s and spit-shined Corcorans...

All starched and polished and tailored (an Infantry thing of the time) we looked like something deadly and competent.

When I went in, we still had the 'stovepipe' sleeves, and our wings were white in color, with full-color shoulder patches, but by the time we got our CIBs we went to subdued pretty fast.

Today's uniforms and boots make one look like a Lister Bag with eyes.

My avatar came from a photo taken when I was a guest speaker for NCOWS, but the 'stache is gone, now.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts