Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 553 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Python and Diamondback (Twins)???

Here is a Python I recently acquired at auction pictured with an identically engraved Diamondback (purchased as a set)... I have yet to receive the details from Colt pertaining to their originality/history but they came in a fancy display box (similar to the Snake Eyes) and they were manufactured in 1976…

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
I picked this good shooter 1978 V series 6-inch some time back but was waiting on nice grips to display it here. A local pawn shop find, I traded a Ruger Red Label 12 Ga. for it and some bills. The much improved grips came from wdhdoc. It's more fun to shop the Colt Forum Classifieds.

Here it is with the grips that came on it. Don't know whether they're salvageable or not. Perhaps Swamprat would know.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
I just took ownership two days ago

Here's my 1984 vintage 4" Python. I traded CZ452 .22 FS (Mannlicher Stock Carbine - NIB) and a knife for it...found some gold colt pachmayrs
for it, looking for original wood ones now...close up and better photos to follow...

1 - 20 of 553 Posts