Colt Forum banner

621 - 623 of 623 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
My NIB 4.25 inch New Python; “only” $200 over MSRP on GB. That’s as cheap as I’ve seen them. Here’s the funny part of the story, I ordered a six inch barrel, I figured the dealer botched up, until I saw the box; serial number matches but it says it’s a six inch. The screw-up was on Colt’s end. The dealer sold out within hours so I’d not be getting another but my money back so I accepted the transfer from my FFL.

Folks, this pistol is light years beyond my new S&W 686+ pro, which is suffering light primer strikes and a sticky cylinder opening. The quality of the stainless finish blows away the Smith. Everything on this Colt is precise, smooth and literal perfection. Best double action trigger I’ve ever felt on a revolver, no stacking. It feels better than some of the classic Pythons I’ve owned, and hopefully without the timing issues spitting lead on my face. Very, very impressed. More after she’s been to the range....

·
Registered
283 Posts
That's a beauty! They still look like Pythons and still perform like them (or better). Mine's a near 50 year old and it gets babied; yours is also likely tougher than their granddaddies were.

621 - 623 of 623 Posts