Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We rescued Buster from the Humane Society when he was 8-months old. He must have experienced some trauma in his puppyhood 'cuz he has separation anxiety and when left alone barks and whines alot and looks for trouble. I had left a newly purchased pair of Colt stocks on my work desk, which he decided to chew. So,there's $60 bucks down the drain. Maybe I can make something interesting with the silver medallions!?

Buster knows he was bad, and he certainly got my attention - a verbal scolding. Otherwise, he's a great companion and an accomplished squirrel and rabbit hunter.

-Bob

·
Registered
400 Posts
Well that's the first time I've heard that one. I know advertise it on ebay as a Colt Custom Buster Conversion. The wood has been pre-softened for your firing comfort.

Dave

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Woodsmith;having raisd many pets,I can feel your pain--oops,sounds like Clinton! Our youngest,Rotty,9 months,has my wife's glasses and a TV Remote Control to his recent credit. Most desctructive was an Amazon parrott,we once owned. He had "run" of the house when we were home and awake. That beak could destroy/mar anything. Never lost any gun stuff,but a couple of plastic models I was building for a friend were destroyed.

Anyway,I have a pair of identical grips for the Official Police/Officers Models-PRE WARS of course in Excellent shape. Usually get $65.00 for them,but to YOU ONLY,to help ease the frustration,I will sell them for $50.00,including mailing.

Let me know if you are interested.

Bud

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Bud,
Thanks for the offer, but I'm only in the market for OMM target stocks right now. Got any of those?
-Bob

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
No,but you probably know that the "full checkered" Target stocks are coveted by earlier Python owners,and prices are outta sight.

I sold one pair(buyer was gonna sand then smooth and adapt them to his New Service-they WILL fit,but BOTH revolver and stocks have to be "altered a bit,and I sent him instructions.They came on a "357" I have,that had a "relief" cut(hacked out was more like it!!) by prior owner for his HKS Speedloaders,and I have seen several more with this butchery,so maybe thatis why they, are in part,scarce.

Best of Luck in your quest,WoodSmith /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bud

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sorry to hear about your grips, but Buster is adorable!!! I can also relate to the doggie's chewing things, one of my german shepherds chewed up my digital camera one night and then the next night, dragged my purse off the pool table and continued to chew the contents of that, which included my cell phone. Mauser definetely got my attention, and realized quickly that she was a schlechter hund!!!! She has learned her lesson and nothing has been chewed since then except her mountain of doggie toys!!! (Knock on wood)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
To bad for those stocks but you can say one thing about Buster:

That dog has some good taste! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But this sounds all to familiar to me.
My dog Liza has had her teeth in a number of things. When she was a puppy she devoured a familypack of sweets, ate our morgagepapers and even got her fangs into my taxreturn ones!
The other one , Beautty, has -besides from stealing my eveningdiner from my plate when I don't watch it- created a fonding for my wives oilpainttubes!

Dogs -and for that matter any other pets besides fish- never a dull moment!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Here's my dog story. I had a Weimaraner who could not stand to be left alone, Canine Separation Anxiey Disorder (CSAD), just made that up. Anyway, as an example, one time he clawed and chewed his way through a basement door to get upstairs. So to help stop his chewing we muzzled him during the day while we were gone. Well one day I got home and that darn dog had somehow gotten my albums out of where we stored them, had gotten them out of their covers, and stratched both sides of them. Apparently he was a dog that liked good music, because he left alone the crappy albums, and only stratched up the valuable ones, ie: The Beatles. If that dog had not been such a good bird dog, it was off to doggy heaven on that day. He was a pain in the ass at times, but what a pleasure to go along with him on a fall day, early in the morning, and watch him point those pheasants. When I would miss one, he would look back at me as if to say, "I did all the work and you couldn't even hit that big bird." I miss him. Many great memories.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great story bis. I'm anxious to see how Buster does in the field. Been trying to train him to retrieve with a 'soft' mouth. Any squirrels he chases down on his own get crunched to death. I fear any pheasant he gets ahold of will have tooth punctures or worse. Anyway, we're looking forward to October in the Dakotas.
-Bob

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I can add another most embarrassing moment to my life when it comes to my dog, Beautty.

A couple of days ago I was in Austria on holiday with the misses and Beautty. We always stay at the same place in the Lungau in Salzburgerland. Great place and over the years made some good friends. In the evening we always play a game of cards at the house of the family, who rents out the appartment for holidays. So we were just sitting there round the table playing cards until the moment that I ask my wife: "Where's Beautty?" My wife calls out for here and she immediattely proudly walks in with a 1 pound piece of smoked bacon between her fangs, happelly wagging her tail!

At that moment I just wished the ground would just open up under me and make me disappear inspite the fact that everybody had a good laugh! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts