Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
"Ages just like ivory"...Hum...what does that mean? Not really ivory but ages like it?

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Only he and the Colt Custom Shop can buy them. What's the custom shop adding for ivory? $165? Oh, it's $860. They must buy from him and mark them up!

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
will wonders never cease with that guy? :bang_wall:

those are obviously fake ivory/ivory polymer and worth about 75-85 dollars max.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
If it smells like poop, it must be poop.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Notice there is no mention of pre-ban ivory nor authentication letter so stating? When I bought ivory for my GM I was not only provided documentation but care instructions from Nutmeg. This Sparta dude even infers only he and the custom shop are providing Python ivory? I just threw up in my mouth a little, sorry.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's sickening...but as long as people keep buying from him, he will continue to get these fakes to feed the consumer demand.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just wrote him a message through Gunbroker stating "you are a liar". I wonder if he replies...

Please don't allow this crook to color your view of Tennesseans.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Boone Trading Company sells bonded ivory/simulated ivory and will add medallions for a few more dollars...

Boone Trading Company - Colt Simulated Ivory Grips

I have a scrimshawed set on my Combat Commander and over time they do age like ivory. Mine (from 2000) are made from ivory powder and resin. Don't know about them now though. I suspect that this fellow's are from Boone Trading Company (or other) and are the simulated ivory ones.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
This is sooo sad.I wrote him saying that these are not "Pre Ban Colt Custom Shop Grips.You fake crap is getting very humorous and your claims grandious and delusional." Don't think I will get any reply.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Nice looking "replica boxes" though ridiculously over-priced.
I wonder who's creating those Colt style boxes for vikrant....China mfg perhaps ?

Only Colt and He are privvy to those Ivory stocks......ROTFLMAO!

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Well we could have some fun and ask Brent? Think I will PM him this one and let him laugh too. I sent him to the link for these grips and can't wait for his reply.For those who don't know Brent is the Chief of the Colt Custom Shop.If anyone could definitively prove he is F.O.S. he can......Mike.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.