Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wondered who here might be attending the big Tulsa gun show coming up the second weekend in November? I went to my first one this past May and had such a good time, I'll be there for this one. My spending budget got severely hampered by a $2750 home AC repair bill a couple of weeks ago, but I still will have a little to spend--maybe one nice SAA or whatever strikes my fancy.

Cheers

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be there bright and early Friday morning after long drive from Atlanta. Been going every year since mid 80's.
That is quite a drive. For me--living in central Arkansas, it's only 4.5 hours--all I-40 except the last hour on the toll freeway off 40 to Tulsa.

At least this time I'll know the layout, so I can start with the lower level, which is almost exclusively vintage stuff. I did it backward the first time.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I would love to go to that show but would have to drive from Oregon, never seen a really big show and it should be on my bucket list. However being from out of state I can't buy anything that wouldn't need shipping to my FFL so I may as well buy off GB. Just hate it our government won't let us spend our money freely, why can't I do an instant check in another state.:bang_wall:

·
Registered
365 Posts
I would love to go to that show but would have to drive from Oregon, never seen a really big show and it should be on my bucket list. However being from out of state I can't buy anything that wouldn't need shipping to my FFL so I may as well buy off GB. Just hate it our government won't let us spend our money freely, why can't I do an instant check in another state.:bang_wall:
Since you'd need to ship to an FFL there isn't really a need to drive. Flights between Portland and Tulsa are relatively inexpensive, although it may be too late for this November's show. And you are likely to find things that don't show up on Gunbroker very often, if ever.

·
Registered
126 Posts
SBH..when my wife comes with me she would find Bixby if there is shopping to do there. Can't say that I have been there other than passing through. Anything interesting we should do?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts