Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up this revolver super cheap today at the gun show here in Atlanta. A few things didn't match up but nonetheless it is a gun that functions and that I can pop some rounds off with on my property. I love all guns and I try to always have my safe full! he said it is a .32. No barrel markings ( probably replaced) , cylinder latch looks flimsy, the Colt symbol is very faint, and the grips say Franzite and have a bit of spacing. It may or may not be a Colt which I am OK with, I just wanted to see what you guys think!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
It appears to be a heavily refinished Colt's Pocket Positive dating to 1914.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
A popular aftermarket product for years, brought to you by the same guy who supplied the Thompsons for the St, Valentine's Day massacre. Google him, Peter von Frantzius.

·
Premium Member
3,925 Posts
If ever a gun could talk...

Reactions: aycee18

·
Premium Member
3,925 Posts
Normally, the "melted" treatment comes at additional cast. As long as bore and timing are reasonable, a good shooter in the low-pressure .32.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
That looks similar to an old one I'm thinking of resurrecting , my SN 334988 shows it to be made in 1911, barrel is stamped "Army Special" 32/20
I'll put more $$ into it than it's worth, but fun to bring something back from the scrap heap.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That looks similar to an old one I'm thinking of resurrecting , my SN 334988 shows it to be made in 1911, barrel is stamped "Army Special" 32/20
I'll put more $$ into it than it's worth, but fun to bring something back from the scrap heap.
please post pics if you do!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
The Army Special is a much larger revolver than the Pocket Positive and was made on the ".41 frame," meaning its cylinder diameter was able to accommodate calibers up to .41 caliber. Your Army Special was a .32-20.

The Pocket Positive, on the other hand was made on a ".32 frame." The Pocket Positive was a .32 Colt New Police (.32 S&W).

·
The Consummate Collector
6,527 Posts
It looks like you have a Pocket Positive 3 1/2" barrel that was made in 1914. Most were chambered in .32 New Police (.32 S&W) however Colt also chambered some of these in .32 Colt which is different in size.

Cam.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts