Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
Good for you! I run mostly standard 38 or plus P 38 in my 4” colt 38 or 357 chamber guns for more range time without the blast and fire of .357 when not needed. These guns shoot so dang well.

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
I carried a 4" 357 trooper many years on my job that I bought new about 1970. I foolishly sold or traded it. I still own a 4" blue .22 LR and a nickle .38 special. The nickle sight`s should be blue or black as in bright sun it throws you off. I miss the .357! I do have a couple Pythons, one in 4" but to tell the truth for a working gun that you carry 8 to 12 hours the Trooper got my nod. Lighter to pack, other than the vent rib and dead weight ejector housing they are mechanically the same.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments. smkummer, I've become convinced there is no such thing as enough hearing protection for .357 Magnum, so this gun will likely only see .38 Special. Good for you for doing the real thing!

feramerril, how cool that you carried one of these. It is an incredibly fun gun to shoot. Did you carry speedloaders as well or individual cartridges?

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
Thanks for the comments. smkummer, I've become convinced there is no such thing as enough hearing protection for .357 Magnum, so this gun will likely only see .38 Special. Good for you for doing the real thing!

feramerril, how cool that you carried one of these. It is an incredibly fun gun to shoot. Did you carry speedloaders as well or individual cartridges?
Well, I have actually found if you run both ear plugs and outer ear muffs, both at the same time, it works for hot .357 loads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts