Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,796 Posts
Heck I will play along....PYTHON #613 is by far the most I have paid for any COLT....

Next is my 3" Combat PYTHON...then the Nickel 2 1/2" PYTHON....then my 1957 engraved 6" PYTHON....

Gosh I see a pattern developing....PYTHON are EXPENSIVE :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: RR

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
I have almost never sold any.

But, one of the few I did sell, was a minty but no 'Box' Python, Blue, in .38 Special which I bought at a Pawn Shop for $225.00 in the mid 1980s.

Since I decided I preferred older Guns, I sold it a few years later for $250.00.

Of course, in retrospect, I regret this.

That is the only Colt I have ever sold.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Heck I will play along....PYTHON #613 is by far the most I have paid for any COLT....

Next is my 3" Combat PYTHON...then the Nickel 2 1/2" PYTHON....then my 1957 engraved 6" PYTHON....

Gosh I see a pattern developing....PYTHON are EXPENSIVE :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: RR
Pythons Pythons Pythons, get your own subtitle!

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
I have NEVER sold any Colt I've owned, and that will almost certainly continue while I draw breath. Thus far my most expensive purchase was a minty 1936 M1908 .380 w/box and accompanying foldout instruction sheet. My Pythons were bargains in comparison and purchased before the BIG EXPLOSION of PRICES. :)

·
Forum Friend
5,858 Posts
If bought includes 'traded for' this is it @ $1800 in 1978 Baltimore show. I had not quite a pair, but two Germanic flintlock pistols I had been offered $900 apiece for. Traded them for this Second Dragoon, easily the best one I ever had in my hands, with scene faint but at least 80% readable, good bore and no evidence of bubba.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
The most I ever rolled for a Colt was on a Model M in .380 a couple years ago.
It was more than I went on my Python in the early '80s.
I try not to go too nutty on 'em, but that is a relative term. I am prone to grab up nearly any Colt that fits the fiduciary restrictions at the time. And I don't have a problem with beat-up old guns as long as the weren't abused & ruined, bubbafied, or otherwise 'customized'.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.