Colt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lucky enough to have this gem sent to me last April from the CMP. She's a Service Grade 1944 Colt with the original finish, no rebuild markings, Colt grips and original Colt blued barrel with a "D" stamp under the barrel. Frame to slide fit is nice and tight as well and shoots just fine for being as old as she is. Some of the small parts might be post war replacement based on finish but she appears mostly original for the year. Worth the $1,050 for sure. ;)

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I was lucky enough to have this gem sent to me last April from the CMP. She's a Service Grade 1944 Colt with the original finish, no rebuild markings, Colt grips and original Colt blued barrel with a "D" stamp under the barrel. Frame to slide fit is nice and tight as well and shoots just fine for being as old as she is. Some of the small parts might be post war replacement based on finish but she appears mostly original for the year. Worth the $1,050 for sure. ;)

I don't know much about 1911's, but others in this forum do.

Back in the mid-1960's an older friend ordered a 1911 thru CMP, and I still recall that it cost him $17!!

Reactions: Rogerwnuss

·
Premium Member
19,599 Posts
My slide that is posted in this same section has the same die breaks and style as the slide on your pictured 1911a1. See below:

·
Registered
123 Posts
It's a very nice-looking pistol that shows very little evidence of use, congrats..

Reactions: tazaroo

·
Registered
10,759 Posts
Anyone know if the finish is Parko-Lubrite on mine?

We don't have much to go on. If it is a 1944 produced pistol the serial number will be in the 1155000 to 1731000 range, and some late 1944 pistols were Parko-Lubrite finished. The early Parko-Lubrite pistols did have lightly sandblasted slides, and as well the top of the receivers were sandblasted, but the feed ramp was polished back smooth before the pistol was finished leaving the feed ramp finished over but smooth.

This is a late 1944 or early 1945 with the Parko-Lubrite finish, and has the finish as described above. The slide stop and hammer were not sandblasted before finish.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We don't have much to go on. If it is a 1944 produced pistol the serial number will be in the 1155000 to 1731000 range, and some late 1944 pistols were Parko-Lubrite finished. The early Parko-Lubrite pistols did have lightly sandblasted slides, and as well the top of the receivers were sandblasted, but the feed ramp was polished back smooth before the pistol was finished leaving the feed ramp finished over but smooth.

This is a late 1944 or early 1945 with the Parko-Lubrite finish, and has the finish as described above. The slide stop and hammer were not sandblasted before finish.

If it helps any, the serial number is 1723842. The feed ramp is finished and smooth also.

·
Registered
10,759 Posts
That could fall into the range of the Parko-Lubrite finished pistols as it appears to be December 1944 production. Check the feed ramp to see if it is finished over or polished back to bright.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That could fall into the range of the Parko-Lubrite finished pistols as it appears to be December 1944 production. Check the feed ramp to see if it is finished over or polished back to bright.
Here is a picture of the feed ramp. What ya think?

·
Registered
10,759 Posts
From the light reflecting off the feed ramp it is hard to positively say that it is finished over, but it appears to be. You have a better vantage point to determine whether it is polished bright or finished over.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
From the light reflecting off the feed ramp it is hard to positively say that it is finished over, but it appears to be. You have a better vantage point to determine whether it is polished bright or finished over.
Sorry about the pic. Here is an image without any flash and natural lighting. If it was finished over it's a good match. Hard to tell.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts