Colt Forum banner

21 - 40 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Anybody know what the deal is with the misshapen trigger guard on this series of revolvers?
The trigger guard is not misshapen but does look a bit out of proportion. It's elongated to give room for a gloved finger.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Is there any word on the adjustable rear sight the new gun will be using? It would be nice if the machining in the frame made it interchangeable with the Accro or Elliason that earlier Colt revolver used. With a front sight that was removable it would be great for adding both front and rear tritium sights. I can see buying one of these new Target King Cobras and keeping it in the nightstand in place of the Trooper Mark III that sits there now...maybe...that Trooper is an awesome revolver and I'd be hesitant about replacing it though the tritium sights on it now are a bit dim after 20+ years of silent service doing its job.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
It looks like it will interchange with the Accro/Elliason. That will be a plus. If the optional tritium front sights for the Cobra and fixed sight King Cobra fit the same that can be a huge selling point and advantage for defensive uses.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Since this will be marketed as a "target" model, maybe Colt will add a wider hammer spur rather than the service hammer. Something along the lines of the Python beavertail hammer spur would be nice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So far, this looks good to me! I personally prefer standard service triggers and hammers, but since we are talking about MIM parts, Colt should consider eventually offering such parts as options, or as drop-in parts kits (service, semi-target, and target versions). Then folks can mix and match them as desired.

By the way, was anyone else impressed by how nicely the frame and the top barrel rib mate in the sample's pictures? If Colt keeps their Quality Control level high like this, I think they'll have a real winner here.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think they'll sell at that price, but I think if they could get street price down to $699 or so they'd fly off the shelf. S&W has stuff in that price range so I feel like Colt should be able to as well if they could get over themselves and stop charging for the name.

·
Administrator
6,980 Posts
That's considerably under wholesale cost so unlikely . But yes they would definitely sell quickly .

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I love it but i think i like the 3 inch with brass bead more.... hmm any better pics of the new one so i can decide? Been waiting months i guess a few weeks more is no bother . :)

·
Banned
346 Posts
Man I swore off Colt revolvers, but these guns are nice. This is a cool new model too.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/113545/colt+king+cobra+carry+357mag+2+6+rd+stainless

21 - 40 of 107 Posts