Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I'm a member of the NRA, GOA, Citizen's Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and the Second Amendment Foundation...all are effective and take somewhat different approaches but the NRA is the acknowledged heavy hitter regardless of their problems right now. The CCRKBA and the SAF are two divisions of the same parent group...one is a lobbying group and the other a legal group. I also belong to my state association and another pro-gun organization. They all are deserving of support.

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
+1 on the GOA...Gun Owners of America.

I'm 1/2 way to paying off a Life Memebership

A Life Membership for Gun Owners of America is $1,000.
GOA’s Easy Payment Plan allows payments as low as $50 monthly.

As a Life Member, you will receive:
** A special custom membership card available only to Life Members;
** Embroidered GOA baseball cap
** Automatic entry into all GOA gun giveaway sweepstakes;
** Special alerts, updates and surveys regarding your gun rights.

+1 on the GOA...Gun Owners of America.

I'm 1/2 way to paying off a Life Memebership

A Life Membership for Gun Owners of America is $1,000.
GOA’s Easy Payment Plan allows payments as low as $50 monthly.

As a Life Member, you will receive:
** A special custom membership card available only to Life Members;
** Embroidered GOA baseball cap
** Automatic entry into all GOA gun giveaway sweepstakes;
** Special alerts, updates and surveys regarding your gun rights.

Thanks for the follow up here Kevin !!!! Good to hear. I've been thinking about joining too for quite some time now.

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm a member of the NRA, GOA, Citizen's Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and the Second Amendment Foundation...all are effective and take somewhat different approaches but the NRA is the acknowledged heavy hitter regardless of their problems right now. The CCRKBA and the SAF are two divisions of the same parent group...one is a lobbying group and the other a legal group. I also belong to my state association and another pro-gun organization. They all are deserving of support.
GREAT !!!! ^^^^

Reactions: colrhino

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The NRA should have learned from the Warren Cassidy debacle. How much did he cost the NRA?
You too are 100% Correct. ^^^^

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
The NRA should have learned from the Warren Cassidy debacle. How much did he cost the NRA?
That was a long time ago...not sure if most NRA members or those on the Board even remember him or know who he was.

Reactions: colrhino and WVCOLT

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Its a little like the Dirt gets swept under the rug and stays there. But it eventually needs cleaned up. Yes I believe its time for a " SPRING " cleaning !!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
In my opinion Cassidy set the stage for the abuses by Wayne LaPierre. I am a life member but LaPierre should step down.
Yes I regretfully think you are correct. It's a dang shame, but if these allegations are correct, he should step down for the sake of the NRA and of course its membership.

Reactions: colrhino and RDS

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
If opposition is taking out ads to demoralize members, caution flags should be raised
Agreed. Exactly why I posted this. SCARY CHIT !!!!!

Reactions: az_colt and RDS

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I really hate to say this but the NRA (Present That Is) appears to have turned into the GOBC (Good Ole Boys Club).

Reactions: arjay and RDS

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
With the above being said ^^^^^ Its not to late to right the ship. But it needs corrected and " SWIFTLY".

Reactions: RDS and old tanker

·
Registered
721 Posts
As a long time Endowment member, this is disheartening. Seeing respected Board members like Tom Selleck resign makes me wonder what else is happening. This is not the time we need the NRA to fall apart. Worse if it it was crippled from within by those we expected to fight for our rights rather than a lavish lifestyle as political hacks.

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
As a long time Endowment member, this is disheartening. Seeing respected Board members like Tom Selleck resign makes me wonder what else is happening. This is not the time we need the NRA to fall apart. Worse if it it was crippled from within by those we expected to fight for our rights rather than a lavish lifestyle as political hacks.
I agree Sir. Some of what I shared here is actually hard for me to say/post but as you said >>> Worse if it is/was crippled from within by those we expected to fight for our rights rather than a lavish lifestyle as political hacks. Just plain outright " GREED " !!!!!!!

Reactions: RDS and SHOOTER13
21 - 40 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.