Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Excellent Thread Terry...!!

TY Kevin. As I post I feel like there might be some here that think I am downgrading our 2nd Amendment Rights. I sure hope they take the time to read all of the posts here as it is the furthest thing from the truth. My 40 year old son had fought and fought with me over the NRA. Not what they stand for, but corruption from within that he always tried to pound into my head. Problem is I'm eating crow now as this thing seems to be imploding. So it seems he might just have been right. He stopped supporting them 5 or 6 years ago but still takes my American Rifleman magazines home to read (LOL). I guess we shall see how this plays out brother !!!!

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
Sounds EXACTLY like what we see, and expect, from politicians. That being said, I am a Life (Endowment) Member of 50+ years in the NRA, and may be banned here for saying this, but, Leadership are like diapers. Change often, and for the same reason.
[/QUOTE

I agree 100% !!!! ^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
TY Kevin. As I post I feel like there might be some here that think I am downgrading our 2nd Amendment Rights. I sure hope they take the time to read all of the posts here as it is the furthest thing from the truth. My 40 year old son had fought and fought with me over the NRA. Not what they stand for, but corruption from within that he always tried to pound into my head. Problem is I'm eating crow now as this thing seems to be imploding. So it seems he might just have been right. He stopped supporting them 5 or 6 years ago but still takes my American Rifleman magazines home to read (LOL). I guess we shall see how this plays out brother !!!!
I don't think that Terry, and neither do the members who weighed in here today...

We all agree that a leadership change is the only way forward...because we all agree that we need an organization that will carry the voice of the people who believe in our 2nd Amendment Rights to the halls of Congress...no matter what party is in charge.

And...It's up to US to make sure it happens...!!

Otherwise, it will be " From OUR Cold Dead Hands !! "

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

I don't think that Terry, and neither do the members who weighed in here today...

We all agree that a leadership change is the only way forward...because we all agree that we need an organization that will carry the voice of the people who believe in our 2nd Amendment Rights to the halls of Congress...no matter what party is in charge.

Well I must admit. The above statement is spot on. Couldn't have said it any better. My feelings " EXACTLY". I personally will not censor myself in fear of being disliked anyway. It's our right >>> RIGHT ???

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

Otherwise, it will be " From OUR Cold Dead Hands !! "

Otherwise, it will be " From OUR Cold Dead Hands !! " AMEN THAT " +1

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I don't want to get put in the COOLER again so I will mostly keep my yap shut.....

I have to say though I am really sad about how the NRA has taken a wrong path- makes me sad and angry and disappointed.

I still stand with the NRA, they were/are the most effective organization working to save our freedoms- I still stand with them but gentlemen please- you need to move FAST and clean up your act.

The enemies of the NRA, what it stands for, and individual NRA members smell blood in the water, dark times for our Republic indeed.

Charlton Heston NRA Keynote Speech, March 2, 1999 (varmintal.com)

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
If I am not mistaken a friend of mine made the longrifle Heston has in his hands. I know he made one that was presented to him, may have been more than one.
Denis
Dennis
Really. That's actually pretty dang cool. Not sure how long I have had this particular picture from the NRA but the postage paid on the large envelope it came in is showing .11 cents. Thanks for the history.

Reactions: Ugly Hombre

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
When Wayne La Pierre leaves his position as Executive Director... only then will I continue my patronage support of the NRA.

And that's a Life Member since 1977 saying those words...!!

Easy self enrichment has always been the downfall of great organizations. The membership needs to turn off the cash faucet before there will be any changes in leadership. If Wayne and his buddies would step down and stop acting like a lot of other people in DC the organization would be much better off. He’s way past his retirement date and just can’t accept it.

·
Premium Member
4,163 Posts
Flip side: The NRA-ILA just defeated two "must lock all guns at home or face jail" laws in Washington State. Both in violation of the state's pre-emption statute.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Any organization that is allowed to function without effective oversight by independent directors or outside elected officials will tend to operate in its own self-interest. It's human nature where there is easy money to be had without consequences. Before all this bankruptcy talk started, there was an appearance of a very close mutial relationship between the NRA officers and its directors. Since then it has become a circle-the-wagons show to defend the status quo. I feel that it is now too late to fix the NRA by just changing the executive leadership. Too many of the embedded directors seem to have become enablers for the current executives and forgotten the whole purpose for our member-supported NRA to exist. I don't know what it will take for the NRA to truly clean house, but if it doesn't do something really drastic really soon, it may cease to exist for all of us. There is no easy simple fix and our Second Amendment rights are under unprecedented attack right now!

·
Banned
105 Posts
When Wayne La Pierre leaves his position as Executive Director... only then will I continue my patronage support of the NRA.

And that's a Life Member since 1977 saying those words...!!

Well said, I am not gonna donate money for someone who has got unexplainable wealth and it has been shown that he mismanages funds. The NRA will get better when Wayne leaves.

PS: Did anyone here realize that the Supreme Court Allows The Release Of Trump's Tax Returns ?
The Democrats are attacking tirelessly from different angle.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Keep squawking about Wayne’s suits. SQUIRREL. SQUIRREL. Don’t pay attention to Biden. You’ll be turning your guns in soon. We need all hands on deck paying attention to the threat, even if they might be wearing Italian suits.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I'm retired so I have nothing to do and all day long to do it. I'd be happy to go to the new NRA headquarters and act as an advisor for a nominal salary plus expenses.
The first thing I would do is stop the practice of the NRA spending more on postage asking a member for money than the member pays for an annual membership. Stop the giveaways like NRA hats and made in China jack knives. Seriously, does anyone really need another NRA hat ? Or asking them to renew their membership just a month after receiving the dues for the current year.
Send donation requests on cheap recycled paper, just one page. No need to make printers rich with multi page, full color glossy solicitations. There are plenty of ways to cut operating costs and still be an effective lobbying organization and I'm sure the members would be more inclined to donate small amounts regularly if they knew the money was being used wisely.
And yes, get rid of LaPierre.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well said, I am not gonna donate money for someone who has got unexplainable wealth and it has been shown that he mismanages funds. The NRA will get better when Wayne leaves.

PS: Did anyone here realize that the Supreme Court Allows The Release Of Trump's Tax Returns ?
The Democrats are attacking tirelessly from different angle.
On the tax return issue, good day for America. Trump's tax returns should be made available. If no wrong, fine. As to the NRA? I would never support them as they left real support for gun owners a long time ago. Being a schizophrenic gun owner, I believe in the RTKBA AND belong the the Liberal Gun Owners Group.
Semper Fi
USMC '62 - '65

41 - 60 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.