Colt Forum banner

2041 - 2060 of 2093 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Good shooting! Love the Mosin's. :)

Original 1943 PU came from Finland but not SA marked, came with baseand bent bolt handle I had a 1943 scope and post war bracket. Got it from a Finn in Ohio who brought it with him. He had an amazing Finnish uniform collection and that was his main focus. He passe about twelve years ago.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Are you referring to the "button" protruding through the canvas frog on both bayonets? If so its purpose in life is to hold the sheath of the bayonet in the frog.

·
Registered
121 Posts
As Scottz63 said I meant the small cylinder with the chain shown above the longer bayonet in the top picture.
Dr.Tramp..............

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Here is a T. Poltz flintlock pistol, one of two, made circa 1770.

BTW There are a couple auction houses that want to include it in their catalog of an upcoming auction. I have not decided yet what to do.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
I have had it appraised by Morphy’s auctions for between $2000 and $4000. My original guess fits in with this at $3000. Not allot of money, but money that I need for another antique Colt firearm purchase.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
My Browning Buck Mark Micro... { Circa 1997 }

Gun Specifications
Type:Pistol
Produced:1992 - 2006
Caliber:.22 LR
Action:Blowback Operated Semi Auto
Trigger:Single Action (SA)
Safety:Frame Mounted Thumb Safety
Magazine:10 Round Capacity Box
Frame:Matte Blue Aluminum
Grip:Molded Composite
Sights:Fixed Blade Front / Adjustable Target Rear
Old School Red Dot Attached
Notes:Blued Steel Slab Bull Barrel

·
Registered
121 Posts
British Army bore inspection mirror, rides in the pocket of the Sergeant Major. Used to find volunteers for distasteful tasks Sergeants Major are fond of having done.

I thought maybe it was a whistle. NCOs in the Corps had a number of inventive ways of finding "volunteers" for projects. :D

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
My Heritage Rough Rider Dual Cylinder... { Circa 2016 }

Gun Specifications
Type:Revolver
Produced:1993 - Present
Caliber:.22 LR / .22 MAG
Action:Revolving Chamber
Trigger:Single Action (SA)
Safety:Manual Hammer Block
Cylinder:6 Round
Frame:Aluminum Alloy
Grip:Cocobolo
Sights:Fixed Blade & Notch
Notes:Dual Cylinder Setup

·
Registered
121 Posts
I got a Rough Rider for my grandson and other than having to put a drop of Locktite on all the screws to keep them from loosening it's been working fine. He likes shooting it, especially with magnum rounds.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
My Henry AR-7 Survival Rifle... { Circa 2017 }

Survival Rifle Specifications:

Action Type ~ Semi-Auto
Caliber ~ .22 LR
Capacity ~ 8 Rounds
Weight ~ 3.5 #s
Length ~ 16.5 " Stowed

Survival Bag Contents:

Para-cord ~ Mil-C-504H Type III Camo Green 483x100 Feet
Tourniquet ~ SWAT-T Black Mode
Cold Resistance ~ Mylar Vacuum Sealed Space Blanket
Fire Steel ~ ESEE
Folding Knife ~ Buck Rival Folding Knife, Henry Branded
Life Straw ~ Water Purifying Filter
Datrex Food Bar ~ Highly concentrated food bars vacuum bagged in a specially designed polymer-foil package, certified to keep fresh for a minimum of five years - 4 per pack

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
My Marlin Glenfield Model 60... { Circa 1980 }

Glenfield Model 60 ~ Just one of the Model 60 versions manufactured from 1966 to 1982.

The Marlin Model 60 was developed in 1960 from the Model 99 design. The primary difference was that the stock was made of birch instead of walnut to reduce the recurring production costs for the more expensive wood.

Marlin also moved away from their practice of using steel inner tubes with their tubular magazine. They moved back to brass inner tubes as other companies had done. This, instead of the steel tubes often seen on earlier Marlin .22 rifles, completely eliminated the rust problems that the all-steel tubular magazines had experienced which helped make the inexpensive Marlin rifle as durable as more expensive .22 caliber rifles.

The Model 60 additionally featured a 16-groove rifled barrel, utilizing Marlin's trademarked Micro-Groove rifling technology, which had been developed in 1953. This rifling, with its precision-crowned muzzle, gave the Model 60 an inherent, enhanced accuracy over competing rifles, which used traditional deep grooved rifling, because the bullet was not as severely deformed while traveling down the barrel, and downrange.

Cartridge.22 LR
ActionDirect Blowback
Barrel Micro Grooved 20 "
Total Length 40.5 "
Total Weight 5.5 #'s
Feed System17 Round Spring Fed Tubular Magazine
SightsAdjustable Open Rear, Ramp Front Sight
Receiver Grooved Scope Mount

2041 - 2060 of 2093 Posts