Colt Forum banner

2061 - 2080 of 2173 Posts

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
My Marlin Model 80C... { Circa 1960 }

Found this rifle sitting in the bottom rack of toy guns at a flea market while killing time waiting for a local range to open up in Shamokin, Northumberland County, Pennsylvania. Picked it up and pointing it at the dirt, pulled back the bolt and a live round flew out...as the seller's mouth dropped open. After a little hagglin'...got it for $75 bucks...with two 7 round clips and a camo soft case.

A little research after finding no serial number at all anywhere on the gun ( pre-GCA '68 ) showed this particular model was made between 1940 and 1970...then the buyers receipt was found in the soft case carrier exterior pocket...dated May 1960...making this fine little rifle 60 years old this month.

Cartridge.22 Short / Long / Long Rifle
ActionBolt
Barrel Micro Grooved 20 "
Total Length 40.5 "
Total Weight 5.5 #'s
Feed System 7 Round Clip ( Yup...Clip !! )
SightsAdjustable Buckhorn Rear, Ramp Front Sight

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
British Army bore inspection mirror, rides in the pocket of the Sergeant Major. Used to find volunteers for distasteful tasks Sergeants Major are fond of having done.

Cool. Sergeants Major like to do that for sure. Lol

·
Registered
760 Posts
Here is a Swiss made 1911, an Astra 1911 A1 Daytona. It’s for sale locally (Switzerland) for abt. $ 1450, which is a similar price to a nice Colt GCNM. I probably won’t buy it but just wanted to show it here. I would suspect that being Swiss made, the built quality should be pretty good.

The company was originally Spanish, but like many other brands nowadays, the name and logo was taken over (from Wikipedia)

Interestingly the proper Latin name of Switzerland is

confoederatio helvetica

The theory is that skipping the 2nd “o” made it somehow better for export markets.

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
"From Russia With Love"...circa 1963

Bond also uses it to wound a bad guy in a helicopter who was tossing grenades at every pass...the hit makes the bad guy drop the grenade in the cockpit and the copter explodes...

·
Registered
9,471 Posts
But in the movie it was identified as "point two-five caliber" rather than .22 LR. Just another Hollywood lack of accuracy.

Reactions: old tanker

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
About 1963 it garnered a supporting role in a movie...
Another 007 movie gun, from "You Only Live Twice"... this early Mark I Gyrojet pistol was a screen-used, static prop in the "Ninja School" scene (confirmed by S/N). The pistol was lent to the production by a private owner after MBA was unable to provide a gold-plated pistol on short notice. MBA did provide the working firearms, "cigarette" Finjets, etc.

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
My Bersa Thunder 45 Ultra Compact... { Circa 2007 }

The company was founded in the mid-1950s by Italian immigrants Benso Bonadimani, Ercole Montini and Savino Caselli, all of them mechanical engineers. Montini worked for Beretta in Italy. At the beginning they were producing parts for the now defunct Argentinian arms manufacturer Ballester–Molina. Their first handgun was a modified version of a Ballester model which they called "Luan", combining the first two letters of the last names of the 2 designers of the pistol, Luce and Antonovich. The gun did not have much commercial success and very few of them were produced; nowadays they are quite rare collector's items.

In 1959 the first 22 Long Rifle pistol was commercialized, called "Modelo 60", which later evolved in the "Modelo 62", and based on a modified Beretta design.

In 1960 the name "Bersa" was introduced, taken from the initial letters of the founders' first names. Many more successful models in increasingly more powerful calibers were produced in the following years, making Bersa a well-known and respected name in the firearms world. In 1989 the first full-size combat pistol was introduced, the Model 90, chambered for the 9×19mm Parabellum cartridge.

In 1994 a new model name for the entire production line was introduced, "Thunder", followed by a number indicating the handgun caliber. However, the Thunder series in reality includes two totally different designs in mechanics and appearances; for cartridges up to and including the .380 ACP, the handguns are compact in size and based on a blow back system. For more powerful rounds, starting with the 9×19mm Parabellum, the Thunder line is based on a locked breech and short recoil modified Browning design.

At the end of the 1990s Bersa won the contract for supplying a new standard sidearm for the Argentine Armed Forces and Argentine Federal Police that were looking to replace their aging Browning Hi-Power pistols. The Bersa Thunder 9, an evolution of the Model 90, was chosen.

In the past Bersa also produced .22 Long Rifle caliber long guns and single- and double-barreled shotguns, but they did not have the same commercial success of the pistols, and they have been discontinued.

Bersa is currently one of the largest privately owned corporations in Argentina. It produces the very popular Bersa Thunder 380 and the Bersa Thunder 9 pistols and the Ultra Compact series of the Thunder chambered in 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP.

Gun Specifications
Type:Pistol
Produced:2003 - Present
Caliber:.45 Auto
Action:Recoil Operated Semi Automatic
Trigger:DA / SA
Safety:Ambidextrous Thumb Safety
Magazine:7 Rounds
Frame:Aluminum Alloy
Grip:Black Polymer
Sights:White 3 Dot
Notes:

Gun DimensionsWidth:1.45"
Length:6.8"Height:5.1"
Barrel:3.6"Weight:27 ounces

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Let the fun begin...

i guess I could call this a COVID-19 payment gun - wanting something a little different I bought a complete Bear Creek Armory 6.5 Grendel upper. I received the receiver yesterday it has a stainless 20” 1:8 twist heavy barrel and a right side reciprocating charging handle and a 15” Picatinny rail and M-Lok handguard. I’ve ordered some magazines (subsequently backordered darn it) and 200 rounds of ammo. The upper is a heavy beast: right now I am using a DPMS A1 lower - fits like a glove. I have mounted my Trijicon MRO; but am open for suggestions for primary ”iron” sights and optics. Hopefully I can use it to reduce the Texas Feral Hog population! The upper was on sale; $249.99 from $419.99.

Here‘s a picture, courtesy of Bear Creek’s website:

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Let the fun begin...

i guess I could call this a COVID-19 payment gun - wanting something a little different I bought a complete Bear Creek Armory 6.5 Grendel upper. I received the receiver yesterday it has a stainless 20” 1:8 twist heavy barrel and a right side reciprocating charging handle and a 15” Picatinny rail and M-Lok handguard. I’ve ordered some magazines (subsequently backordered darn it) and 200 rounds of ammo. The upper is a heavy beast: right now I am using a DPMS A1 lower - fits like a glove. I have mounted my Trijicon MRO; but am open for suggestions for primary ”iron” sights and optics. Hopefully I can use it to reduce the Texas Feral Hog population! The upper was on sale; $249.99 from $419.99.

Here‘s a picture, courtesy of Bear Creek’s website:
Nice! I just built a 6.5 Grendel last month. Also with a Bear Creek barrel and BCG. Stainless 20” 1:8 twist fluted heavy barrel. Very fun to shoot.

2061 - 2080 of 2173 Posts